Business Operations & Strategy drives mission-critical initiatives across multiple teams at Scale. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, marketing, and core operations by providing planning, analytical, operational, and strategic support. We are looking for hard-charging generalists who combine analytical rigor and an obsessive focus on outcomes with an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving hard problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Drive cross-functional efforts to help drive high-priority outcomes across the business
- Design, manage, and iterate on the operational and analytical systems and processes that make Scale hum
- Help incubate, seed, and scale new teams
- Tackle ambiguous, open-ended questions, plus quickly develop and iterate on a solution
- Identify and produce analyses that propel Scale’s growth and evolution as a company
- Eventually spin out to take on full ownership of a given role, team, or opportunity in Scale
Ideally you’d have:
- A penchant for digging deep into data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a history of being scrappy when it counts
- Experience in product or project management, taking projects from conception to launch
- An easygoing interpersonal style and ability to build trusting relationships with a wide range of people
- A history of developing lightweight processes and getting them adopted
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
Nice to haves:
- 4+ years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience in consulting or finance
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, or Seattle is $168,000 – $201,600. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how organizations build and deploy AI. Our products power the world’s most advanced LLMs, generative models, and computer vision models. We are trusted by generative AI companies such as OpenAI, Meta, and Microsoft, government agencies like the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force, and enterprises including GM and Accenture. We are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an affirmative action employer and inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s Know Your Rights poster for additional information.
We comply with the United States Department of Labor’s Pay Transparency provision.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.
To apply for this job please visit scale.com.