Sealed is a climate tech company on a mission to stop home energy waste and electrify all homes.
Sealed designs, manages, and finances home weatherization and electrification projects, making it easy and affordable for people to be more comfortable while using less energy. Our proven holistic approach can reduce energy use by 50% and takes a home completely off of fossil fuels with upgrades like high-performance insulation, air sealing, and heat pump HVAC. Our expert team designs the right solution, matches top-rated local contractors, and manages the project start to finish. Sealed covers the upfront costs, and we’re accountable to impact: if we don’t cut energy waste, we don’t get paid.
Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will play a critical role in driving Sealed’s growth and expanding into new markets. You will be the marketing subject matter expert and advisor to the product team, guiding product development and go-to-market strategies.
In this role, you will lead the cross-functional efforts of product, sales, operations, and business development to bring new products and experiences to market. You will work closely with marketing and creative teams to execute the marketing components of the product roadmap.
- Insight generation: Gather and leverage insights to identify opportunities for new markets and products. Be the voice of the consumer and steward of the Sealed brand.
- Go-to-market planning: Develop positioning and messaging approaches for the user journey and own the marketing and communication support for product initiatives.
- Marketing execution: Collaborate with all relevant marketing stakeholders to create and execute the marketing plan. Manage projects, timelines, and launches to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Market expansion: Lead go-to-market strategy for geographic expansion and create and execute the GTM plan, including customer insights, campaign management, and post-launch measurement.
This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
What success looks like:
- Explore: Leverage (and gather) insights to identify opportunities for new markets and new products. Bring key consumer, competitor, and industry insights to the forefront of team discussions. Understand the broader internal and external consumer context so you can ask good questions and help push the thinking of both the product and marketing teams. Act as a voice of the consumer and be a steward of the Sealed brand. Partner with Product teams to influence the roadmap and provide recommendations to the cross-functional team on opportunities to improve performance.
- Plan: Identify marketing and communication support for Product initiatives and link to larger Marketing priorities, pulling in other Marketing support as needed. Own positioning and messaging approaches that reflect the entire user journey. Straddle the line of art and science, strategically considering ways to iteratively test, measure, and optimize the user experience (A/B & multivariate).
- Execute: Collaborate with all relevant Marketing stakeholders to create and refine the Marketing action plan. Develop content, sales enablement materials, creative briefs, and work side-by-side with Product Design and Marketing Creative to create and deliver assets as needed across sales, advertising, service, PR, customer service, etc. Manage projects and timelines to deliver launches on time and with high quality. Rapidly experiment and iterate to increase conversion and product usage.
- Expand: Lead go-to-market strategy for geographic expansion by creating and executing on the GTM plan, complete with customer insights, campaign management, and post-launch measurement.
- 8+ years of marketing experience with a proven track record of leading marketing program implementation
- Has developed integrated go-to-market strategies and assets design to promote the brand across multiple geographies and successfully moves audiences throughout the customer journey
- Deep understanding of the 4Ps of marketing, marketing channels, and tactics
- A passion for integrated storytelling, a commitment to craftsmanship, and an obsession with detail with the ability to distill the complex into clear and concise program approaches
- Has a pulse on consumer sentiment/ landscape and proactively identifies trends and opportunities to stay at the forefront of engagement
- A strong problem-solving track record – the ability to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution
- Able to use data and analytics to inform decisions and influence change
- Highly collaborative, with experience working effectively across brand, product, design, engineering, etc.
- Operational understanding of the marketing team’s contributions to the business P&L and sound fiscal judgment
The expected salary range for this role is $144,500 – $180,000. We’re eager to engage with all qualified candidates and consideration will be provided to experience and skill level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits, including some focused on mental health
- 401(k) plan
- Paid family leave
- Paid medical leave
- Work from home stipend
- Learning & development stipend
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US or from our headquarters office in NYC
If you need a nudge, this is it. We recognize that some people are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the requirements. But here’s the reality: Rarely do candidates fulfill 100% of the requirements. You have value to offer yet maybe not the confidence to recognize it. Take a chance and apply!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Follow us on social media