Searchspring provides ecommerce retailers with the industry leading software platform for site search, product merchandising, and personalization. With offices in San Antonio, Denver, Colorado Springs, Portland, Toronto, and remote across the globe, Searchspring employees are dedicated to fostering an environment that enables everyone to thrive, both personally and professionally, and feel supported, engaged, and valued, every step of the way.
Backed by a growth equity firm with extensive resources and expertise in helping software and Partnership companies navigate transformational growth, Searchspring helps our customers, like PuraVida, Fabletics, SKIMS, West Elm, Specialized, and RipCurl increase cart size, conversion, and repeat customers. Join us as we change the way the world shops online and achieve our mission to deliver the ultimate shopper experience.
What You’ll Do
Searchspring has strong relationships with a global network of partners spanning several regions and various partnership types. As the leader of our Agency Partnerships, you will develop and execute a multi-year strategy and business plan that delivers unique value to both our agency partners and customers across a multitude of retail verticals and industries.
Having a strong leader is a critical component of the Go-To-Market business strategy for Searchspring’s Partnerships, which consists of top tier ecommerce agencies and system integrators and an ecosystem that accelerates the growth of Searchspring’s product offerings and establishes a broader market awareness.
This position is highly cross-functional and requires working closely with and leveraging resources from the strategy teams, product, sales, marketing, finance, and legal. You will collaborate with the SVP of Global Partnerships, CTO, CSMO, and other strategic leaders to ensure that technical innovation and growth are core to our overall company strategy.
How You Will Succeed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with active and prospective agency partners to drive pipeline from these partners with defined mutual monthly and quarterly targets
- Seek and recruit new agency partners based on Searchspring’s ideal partner fit and negotiate contracts through signature
- Build the playbook for onboarding new agency partners for accelerated first joint customer acquisition
- Generate qualified sales opportunities from agency partners by hosting partner awareness sessions, co-marketing initiatives, and in-person events
- Provide agency partners with product training and regular enablement demonstrations
- Act as liaison between agency partners, sales, and customer success teams
- Assist in the development of joint partner assets including, white papers, best practices, web content, press releases, case studies, articles, and other resources
- Lead the overall strategic planning and execution for Searchspring’s Agency Partnerships from identifying key partners to the formulation and implementation of the strategy
- Work closely with product leaders and other key stakeholders to communicate an overall partnership product investment strategy, utilizing industry, market, and competitive research and trends
- Drive the growth of the Partnership ecosystem by leading the creation of both long-term and short-term strategies for customer experience, and services, and owning the strategic business model
- Explore new monetization opportunities in close collaboration with GTM teams related to emerging opportunities and strategic agency partnerships
- Work with the Searchspring executive leaders and Industry vertical teams to create a strategic partnership pipeline; conduct and build partner analyses to determine the best path to fulfill strategic objectives
- Develop operating metrics (in partnership with Finance, Sales, Analytics, and Marketing) to track and improve business performance
- Act as internal and external evangelist for Searchspring’s partnerships at industry events and through strategic communications to help establish and strengthen brand awareness
- Perform market analysis on competitive landscape, industry and Partnership trends, global marketplace, and external business environment to inform strategy
- Be the voice with our agency partners and direct the partnership lifecycle: from recruiting and maintaining relationships with our agency partners and ultimately generating revenue through partnerships
- Effectively communicate the Searchspring vision, value proposition, product roadmap, and go-to-market strategy across our agency partners
What We’re Looking For
- 8-10 years of experience in SaaS Business Development / Partner Management roles; Specifically focussed on ecommerce agencies and system integrators
- Experience evaluating market forecast and long-term trends, market dynamics, market share changes, product line performance, collecting competitive intelligence, driving cross-functional business processes, identifying strategic risks, and business model innovation
- Proven success and accountability in achieving revenue goals and strong quota attainment
- Experience influencing and aligning organizational and vertical business strategies with corporate-level plans
- Experience translating long-term strategy into feasible and measurable phased product roadmaps
- Excellent product and partnership knowledge/skills; tech/product savvy to understand what good implementations and product experiences look like
- Excellent listening and people skills, self-initiated, proactive driver, and ability to navigate and influence highly ambiguous and challenging situations
- Creating and communicating strategy through compelling narratives and customer stories to a variety of audiences like customers, partners, third-party developers, investor community, board, and internal employees
- Experience applying a data-driven approach to monitoring the performance and progress of business initiatives
- History of managing budgets (budgeting, forecasting, tracking variance, etc.)
- Ability to deal with a broad range of situations from long-term strategic thinking to high-priority escalations, while maintaining an objective viewpoint
- Experience interacting and collaborating across all levels of the organization, customers, external partners, and third-party developers with a professional demeanor and diplomacy
Benefits and Company Perks
- Open PTO
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Company-paid Life and AD&D coverage
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, accident insurance, legal services, and pet insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Continuing education stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- Flexible work environment
Searchspring is an equal-opportunity employer and is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We strongly believe that diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are essential in cultivating an inclusive culture and building an innovative, successful organization. All qualified applicants are considered for employment, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status. If you require accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact us.