Send is a rapidly growing InsurTech company founded in London in 2017. Our Founders share a vision to reshape and enhance the processes of commercial insurers by bringing together advanced technology and deep expertise. Fast forward to 2023 and we have implemented our Underwriting Workbench solution in some of the largest and most reputable insurers across North America, Europe and the Middle East.
In 2022 we were recognised by Insurance Times as the Technology Innovation of the Year for Underwriting at the Tech & Innovation Awards, and were selected as 1 of 14 international scale-up businesses (out of 1,150!) for the PwC Scale InsurTech programme.
The best bit though? We’re just getting started!
We now have over 60 team members operating across the UK, US and Poland. Our working environment nurtures inspiring ideas and thrives on diverse perspectives, both of which provide the capabilities and ultimately the digital solutions needed to tackle our biggest challenges. We’re making early and consistent investments in our culture and employee experience with a clear roadmap of initiatives to support learning and growth, develop our future leadership capability, build an exceptional recruitment and onboarding experience, deliver environmental and social good, and provide meaningful and transparent reward and benefits.
We operate on a remote-first basis and have an office in London near Monument station. We believe choice is the future of work and trust our team will find a work arrangement that works best for them.
From 2017 to 2022, we bootstrapped our growth journey into a profitable and secure company. In November 2022, following a year where we tripled in size and experienced 175% ARR growth, we secured Series A funding of £9M to accelerate our expansion plans in the UK and US.
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to drive business growth through innovative storytelling and marketing. You will lead and develop product positioning and messaging by understanding our brand, customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape.
You are the first Product Marketing hire at Send and have the exciting opportunity to develop and establish the product marketing function. The PMM, reporting direct to the CMO, will partner closely with our growing marketing team as well as cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Customer Success to generate demand and accelerate revenue. There will also be opportunities for the PMM to directly contribute to the product roadmap by leveraging user feedback and market intelligence.
We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced, scale-up environment, can work with a high degree of independence, and enjoys being creative. Sound like you?
- Partner closely with the product team to plan launches of new features that drive adoption, growth, and retention (looking for someone with a passion and creativity for bringing releases to life)
- Develop messaging, including feature value propositions and descriptions, that helps prospects better understand Send’s award-winning underwriting platform and associated components
- Conduct research on the market, competition, and customers to identify trends and opportunities for growth, engagement, and our product roadmap
- Strategise campaigns, themes, and messages that resonate with our target audience. Provide creative input on campaigns and review campaign messaging.
- Lead the development and evolution of our buyer and user personas across geographies, continually refining them with quantitative and qualitative data
- Work closely with the wider marketing team to create resources and contents for lead-generating campaigns
- Partner with demand generation partners in marketing to build and execute email, social, PPC promotional and lead gen campaigns
- Develop and maintain sales and partner enablement materials, including pitch decks, battle cards, cheat sheets, competitive tools, customer references, etc
- Ensure positioning and messaging are accurate across all content and channels
- Support wider team with PR and external comms effort to drive awareness and thought leadership
- Speak and present both internally and externally (webinars, user groups etc.) to promote our story and products (help build our customer community)
- 5+ years product marketing (or similar) experience, including launching new products and building foundational assets, such as defining positioning, messaging documents, and sales collateral.
- Experience marketing complex technology, ideally cloud-based / SaaS
- Proven ability to translate technical details into benefits for the user, and deliver technical content in clear, concise, and compelling language (outstanding storyteller with effective writing and presentation skills)
- Meticulous attention to detail, with strong organisation and prioritisation skills; comfortable switching gears and moving between projects seamlessly
- Cross-functional experience communicating and maintaining relationships with internal team members (strong interpersonal skills)
- High energy self-starter with drive to success in quickly changing business environment
- Strong business acumen to understand and interpret commercial models
- Knowledge of commercial insurance market a bonus
Life at Send
- Remote-first environment – We also have an office near Monument station in London if you prefer that
- Private health & dental insurance
- Access to Perkbox for employee discounts and wellbeing support
- Dedicated learning budget