Seso is the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the agriculture industry. Our mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point – access to qualified labor – through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa, an uncapped visa for seasonal farmworkers. Seso has raised over $30m in capital from Tier I investors including Index, Founders Fund, NfX, and more. You can read about Seso’s $25m Series A here.
Today, Seso enables farms to digitally track applicants and onboard workers, streamlines the H-2A application process, ensures workers arrive at the farm on-time, and simplifies compliance. Long term, the Company is creating a comprehensive HR platform that helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time. Similar to how Salesforce has tied together business systems around a common customer identity, Seso is solidifying all of a farm’s worker-facing systems around a common employee identity, making it the centerpiece of a unified schema that spans a farm’s back-office.
About the Role
We are looking for a VP of Sales with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation as well as a passion for exploring the intersection of agriculture and technology. In this role, you will drive our sales efforts to agribusinesses across the United States. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will optimize and implement GTM strategy that maximizes customer acquisition. As the leader of our sales team, you will ensure our company goals are met and our salespeople reach their potential.
- Ensure GTM readiness by working with cross-functional teams
- Develop and manage key sales infrastructure, including implementing efficient processes, sales forecasting, and staff training to drive pipeline build, close rate, and support revenue growth
- Demonstrate creative leadership in the sales effort to expand customer base, including existing account expansion
- Define and implement repeatable sales strategies, processes and tactics that support the achievement of team and company goals
- Hire, develop, train, and scale a sales organization including Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives
- Work with Marketing, Customer Success and Product to maximize campaign success and content to informing the product roadmap
- Monitor and manage team goals and performance and ensure the team understands how their work aligns and relates to broader business goals and strategies
- Lead the strategic planning and implementation of new revenue opportunities
- Develop relationships with industry associations/organizations
- Manage clear OKR’s and KPI’s set to measure activity, wins, revenue targets through management of individual sales pipelines. Present sales metrics during board meetings, all hands and team meetings
- Develop and manage dashboards and integration of Salesforce
- You’ve spent 8+ years leading sales teams, developing growth strategy, and implementing accordingly
- 5+ years experience leading Director+ sales professionals in a high performing/hypergrowth tech startup
- Deep understanding of SaaS and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- You’re obsessed with helping our customers. You’re deeply curious about what they’re trying to achieve and how we can get them there
- You love building relationships and understanding others’ points of view
- You thrive in an environment of constant learning and experimentation
- You think in terms of patterns and systems. It’s not enough to solve the problem once — you want to solve it forever
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers
- Bonus is you can speak Spanish
- Talented and fun teammates who don’t take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.
Follow us on social media