Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Michigan and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is a Strategic Account Manager important to us?
Being a tech-savvy, results-driven, and engaging Strategic Account Manager is a pivotal component in developing continuous revenue-generating partnerships for Shapeways. A successful Strategic Account Manager will proactively farm and introduce established clients to the new wonders and benefits of 3D printed products and other Shapeways services that can assist in building out the clients’ business. Shapeways business model has opened the door to the future – the Strategic Account Manager will help pave the path for our growth and success.
This is a hybrid role, that will require you to work at our Eindhoven office 1-2 days a week.
In this role, you will:
- Grow revenue of existing accounts through consistent and strategic outreach
- Drive Global partnerships and large accounts that meet and exceed account revenue targets
- Strategically cultivate deep relationships with existing customers
- Address technical needs, questions, and concerns regarding product creation
- Create specific strategies and tactics to meet growth objectives and execute against the plans
- Continually brainstorm with team members on creative ways to establish new partnerships
- Coordinate short-term Business Development projects with Shapeways’ Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams
- Develop and continually improve sales, systems, and processes to support the success of the sales function
- Help large and small businesses, as well as individual designers, be more successful by advising on 3D design and manufacture-ability
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 5+ years of quota-carrying technical sales experience in Technology, Manufacturing, or Design
- Experienced with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experienced with Zoominfo, Linkedin Navigator and/or equivalent customer research software
- Proven account management sales growth and a proven reputation for over-achieving quota
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps (Gmail)
- A strong communicator with an excellent yet fun presentation style and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to proactively grow customer relationships within an account as you develop your understanding of their business
- Comfortable investigating and delivering technical solutions with minimal guidance
- Enjoy working autonomously, creating and tracking progress in an ambiguous fast-paced environment
- Comfortable juggling and coordinating multiple projects across several key channels simultaneously, while managing time effectively
- Highly interested in 3D printing, the materials, and their specifications
- Working knowledge of at least one major 3D modeling software is a plus (e.g. Solidworks, Rhino, Zbrush)
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in Eindhoven. Best culture out there!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch- Fully stocked fridge, fancy coffee, free lunch and snacks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Follow us on social media