Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
Shopify has a unique opportunity to disrupt the enterprise commerce space and partners play an integral role in supporting these efforts. The Global Business Development team is looking for an Investor Partner Manager to prospect and develop partnerships with private equity and venture capital firms that invest in consumer brands. This role entails full-cycle partner management, including outbounding, onboarding, product & partner enablement, deal sourcing, and developing merchant growth strategies for portfolio companies. The successful candidate will have to apply program management principles and strategic thinking to grow the program, deepen partnerships with investment firms, and achieve organizational goals. They will have to thrive in an ambiguous environment with competing priorities and not hesitate to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done. They will have to bring creative and divergent thinking to solve problems and pave the way for future scale.
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both Shopify and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the Shopify Partnerships team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Engage each partner’s sales organizations and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for Shopify.
- Set and manage revenue targets with each partner and Shopify Sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals. Create and execute the team’s business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using Shopify.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the Operating and Portfolio Management teams. This role will be required to write proposals and briefs.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the Legal and Finance groups.
- Exceptional client relationship development and management skills – ability to develop and sustain trust-based relationships with Directors, VPs and C-Level executives
- Strong business acumen and ability to gather context quickly, connect the dots between strategic business goals and program objectives, and highlight new opportunities for future scale or process improvements.
- Experience building, scaling and optimizing partnerships and/or sales programs
- Understanding of the Global commerce market and ecommerce tech stack
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate up, down, and across to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to create alignment across highly cross-functional stakeholders and teams with different priorities and focuses.
- Analytical and have superior problem-solving prowess to uncover the root problems to address. Keen eye for detail.
- Outside of the box thinker who sees opportunity in obstacles and possibilities in challenges.
- Default to action and able to make small incremental steps towards a goal.
- Proven experience managing cross-functional programs
Nice to haves
- Experience at a private equity, venture capital, or other large investment firms
- Experience in Account Management, Customer Success, or Technology Sales
- 6+ years of experience representing competitive ecommerce solutions with enterprise merchants and/or top tier investment firms