Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Partner Enablement Manager
Partners are the community of people across the world that act as our external sales force, helping merchants discover, choose, build and grow their businesses on Shopify. In the same way that we enable our internal sales team, we need to prepare our partners to make the most of opportunities to talk about how Shopify is innovating and making commerce better for everyone. Enabling partners more effectively will increase merchant acquisition and product adoption around the world.
As Partner Enablement Manager, you will be a conduit and evangelist for all things partner enablement programming and content throughout the rest of the organization to make sure the enormous value of leveraging partners as a multiplier/enhancer for all relevant product launches, announcements, and GTM strategies is well understood. Partners are a potent force multiplier when leveraged correctly, and this requires deep understanding of their ability to sell and implement our product, as well as filling their knowledge gaps with content tailored to their life cycle.
You will ensure partner product enablement across all of our products is consistent with Product Marketing and ensure our partners are aware of any product launches/updates with enough notice to prepare accordingly. You will collaborate with regions to establish an overarching source of truth as it pertains to Partner enablement, allowing regions to leverage what they need for their initiatives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design and execute product enablement programs to ensure Shopify Partners are equipped with content, resources, tools and training to effectively technically implement all products and features on the Shopify Platform with a strong focus on the Partner Cross-sell/More Shopify initiative currently underway.
- Ensure alignment of product enablement activities with key internal and external events, such as new product releases, campaigns, and other enablement activities
- Collaborate with Product and Partner Marketing, Go to Market (GTM), Craft Enablement, and other teams to identify and develop enablement curriculum, customized regionally as needed, for various internal and external audiences
- Distill large amounts of information across disparate systems to create a cohesive view of the key enablement needs of all partners
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with appropriate regional and global team members
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of programs conducted, leveraging available data sources, soliciting feedback from partners and partner facing teams and providing key stakeholders with learnings and feedback themes post-enablement programming
- A proven history of planning and executing highly dependent strategic initiatives
- 3+ years experience in business development or program management
- Strong relationship management skills, with proven experience interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical teams
- Experience working with analytics and making data informed decisions
- A strong understanding of Shopify’s revenue and commercial models
- Experience with data pipelines and tooling infrastructure such as Salesforce
- The ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- A love for storytelling
- Adaptability to a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Strong knowledge of the ecommerce landscape as well as Shopify’s partner ecosystem
Follow us on social media