Who is SkyWatch?
At SkyWatch, we’re enabling technology in space to improve life on Earth. We’re on a mission to democratize remote sensing data through a simple user experience. Our technology is enabling agriculture customers to monitor crop health; energy customers to monitor oil pipelines and solar farms; and global banks to monitor infrastructure development, among hundreds of other unique use cases. All from space, with just a few lines of code.
After securing our $10M CAD Series-A round in January 2020, and a $21M CAD Series-B in June of 2021, SkyWatch is on the pathway to scale. We’re a well-financed company, backed by some of the best early-stage investors in our industry, our country, and in the Bay Area. We have a unique blend of space, satellite, enterprise, and consumer application veterans. And we are just getting started!
SkyWatch is a venture-backed space technology company with its headquarters located in downtown Kitchener. We are focused on the seamless and affordable distribution of satellite data to commercial markets, enabling businesses, applications, and solutions that were never before possible.
Let’s face it, the best jobs boil down to a handful of things — getting the chance to work with amazing people in a great culture with leaders who have your back while pursuing a vision that you can get passionate about.
Reporting to our Senior Revenue Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing, but also continuing to build, evolve and strengthen our revenue tech stack. You will help maximize our systems and help our operation become more efficient, lean, and agile. You will manage day-to-day systems needs including adding new users, troubleshooting issues, monitoring integrations, and reporting data. Additionally, you will create new workflows, manage new integrations, and contribute to discussions around best practices and performance.
- You’re a team player, looking to help out where needed.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You have experience managing systems for a growing and evolving team – pivoting quickly and thinking on your feet to manage new requirements.
- You have a systems thinking mindset – you are able to manage “big picture” business problems and “on the ground” day-to-day needs of the team.
- You are a reporting enthusiast – you have expertise in designing and developing reports and dashboards out of our systems to answer our burning questions and creating meaningful dashboards and presentations to communicate the findings.
- You love creating processes and improving efficiency within sales and marketing.
- You are experienced in collaborating closely with sales and marketing teams and are aware of the needs and challenges of those groups.
Every day, hundreds of trillions of pixels of our planet are captured from space. With new applications for this data emerging, such as precision farming, construction planning, disaster relief operations, and retail revenue prediction (to name a few), the demand for satellite imagery is growing. However, the current process for obtaining satellite imagery is very time-consuming and tedious.
Today, satellite imagery is expensive and difficult for customers to access and manage. SkyWatch addresses these challenges through a multi-product strategy focused on both the supply and demand sides of the ecosystem.
- EarthCache, an easy-to-use Application Programming Interface (“API”), allows application developers and enterprises to programmatically integrate satellite imagery, from multiple imagery providers, into their software.
- TerraStream, a data infrastructure SaaS product that provides satellite operators with an integrated data storage, cataloging, ordering, processing, and delivery solution, allowing them to serve customers faster, with less operational and financial risk.
Your Technical Strengths:
- You are experienced with Salesforce, SalesLoft, and HubSpot at an administrator level.
- You’re analytical and data-driven, always looking to improve your metrics and finding ways to demonstrate efficiency and with data.
- You have some experience with integrating systems.
- You have experience in technical documentation and systems sales enablement/training.
- You have a broad knowledge of available software solutions and how to create a stellar tech stack to solve business needs.
- Nice to have: Salesforce administration certification.
- You enjoy working in a data-driven environment
- You have high energy and a sense of urgency
- You have prior experience in a start-up, especially with a software product company
- You have industry knowledge of satellite imagery and/or APIs (BONUS)
- Space excites you – A LOT!
Life at SkyWatch:
- Culture is the personality of a company. It is our company’s shared beliefs, values, and practices. At SkyWatch, our culture is incredibly important to us, and we practice it every day. We are proud to be recognized as Canada’s Top Employer for 2021 and the Top Employer to join for a new graduate for 2021. As a company and in our products we value simplicity, being thoughtful, ambition and resilience.
- Our team consists of NASA award-winning developers, Earth observation scientists, big data specialists, and unicorn Startup veterans from places like Facebook, and IBM and who come from five of the seven continents. Our leadership team includes the Chair of Canada’s first Space Accelerator for start-ups, an Earth observation veteran who has led multiple companies through IPOs, a planetary robotics graduate from the International Space University, and a petabyte-scale data leader with patents in location AI and contextual analytics. We are TechStars ‘16 NYC and Google for Entrepreneurs alumni. We have a unique blend of space/satellite authorities and consumer application veterans.
The things that you’ll enjoy:
- World revolutionizing products – We are enabling technology in space to improve life on Earth.The data that we provide provides insight into some of the world’s most pressing issues. For e.g. rise of the oceans, deforestation, global warming, volcanic activity etc.
- Our Amazing People – We have NASA award winning engineers on our team who are equally humble and kind. There are no egos on board. If you are smart but difficult to work with, this isn’t the place for you.
- Diverse SkyWatch culture – We are excited to have over 16 languages at SkyWatch. The diversity of our employees enriches our culture
- Our Executive and Leadership team Who create an inclusive and thoughtful culture. One that excites our employees to be their best every day.
- Flexibility and Empowerment. Are you a morning person? Great, we offer flexible work hours. Prefer to work from home and in the office? No problem, we operate on a hybrid model where you work in the location that supports your personal and professional life. We have employees that span across Canada, the US, Africa, Asia, etc. Are you the type of person who likes to kick off their weekends early in the summer? At SkyWatch we implemented summer hours! Our team members have a half day off every Friday for the months of July and August.
- Health and Wellness focus – SkyWatch offers unlimited sick days for our employees. This is to help encourage our employees to take the time that they need to get better. We also extend a health and wellness account for our team members to ensure that they put some focus and incentive towards health and wellness.
Would you like to join the rocketship here at Skywatch? Here’s what’s next.
We invite you to apply to our roles even if you don’t check off every item in our job posting. We welcome the opportunity to get to know you a bit more, learn how you can add/change our culture and hear your personal journey. Our Talent Acquisition team reviews each application that is submitted to ensure that we are equitable to all of our candidates. Our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that supports, empowers and delivers a sense of belonging for all members of SkyWatch. And while the journey is continuous—always learning and adapting—we know that when we help each other grow, we can achieve amazing things together.
We want to remove barriers that may limit you from joining SkyWatch. Email us at [email protected] to let us know how we can provide you with reasonable accommodations to ensure your candidate journey is as accessible as possible.
SkyWatch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Follow us on social media