At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite Swaggerhub, Bitbar, Busnag and ReadyAPI are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
About the Senior Director of Product Marketing:
We are in search of an exceptional Senior Director of Product Marketing to champion our Marketplaces-based SmartBear product portfolio from a marketing perspective. This role entails overseeing our Atlassian-based Test Management products and spearheading the creation of new innovative offerings across diverse cloud marketplaces like AWS, Azure, etc. The Senior Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for all SmartBear products and solutions sold via such marketplaces, covering positioning, messaging, enablement, and launches. This leader will deeply understand our key software development and test audiences across the SDLC to strategically build and deliver impactful GTM strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Marketing Products:Lead our Zephyr Squad and Scales in Atlassian Marketplace, covering core product marketing, competitive analysis, customer and market research, and marketplace/channel marketing. Strengthen team capabilities and competitive market positioning.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and lead the strategic plan for product launches, market growth plans, and occasional offer and bundle creation. Define success metrics for both existing and new products, articulating clear plans and milestones.
- Analyst Relations: Drive our Analyst Relations strategy across all SmartBear products.
- Partner Enablement: Lead efforts toward excellence in partner enablement, utilizing competitive intelligence and deep knowledge of our buyer audience to direct the launch of various resources such as video content, quizzes, interactive sessions, battle cards/kill sheets, and customer stories.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:Collaborate closely with our Indirect Sales organization and other GTM leaders from Product Management, Growth Marketing, Product Engineering, Brand and Corp Communications, and others.
- Market Voice: Act as the leading voice for the market and customers, recommending strategic decisions and positioning to senior executives across the company and functions.
Who you are:
- Indirect Marketing: Experience with marketing in marketplaces (e.g., Atlassian, AWS) and across reseller/SI channels.
- Leadership Experience: Proven experience in leading direct and matrixed teams of cross-functional stakeholders in marketing and beyond.
- Product Launch Success: A history of successful new cloud-based product launches.
- Pricing & Packaging:Ability to strategically price, package, and position technical products, evaluating the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Solution Approach:Successful migration from single product marketing to a solution approach with refreshed messaging and positioning.
- Urgency and Adaptability:Act with urgency and thrive in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Location:Reside in the Boston area and able to commute into the office several days a week.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization – an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclow, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit smartbear.com.