Smarty is a 10+ year company that is self-funded, profitable, growing, and crazy fun! But don’t take our word for it: we were recognized by the Salt Lake Tribune as one of Utah’s Top Workplaces and Utah Valley BusinessQ magazine named Smarty as one of the fastest growing companies in Utah county for 2022. Smarty is led by an executive team that has grown revenue over 20x, without investors, and without debt. And we’re still growing. Come grow with us!
We think we are pretty great-but don’t just take it from us. Since our founding in 2011, Smarty has become a recognized industry leader in location data intelligence. Don’t really know what that is? That’s okay. The candid answer is, we provide enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for address validation, geocoding, and data enrichment around the world. If that went right over your head, that’s okay too. This is probably still the best job you will ever apply for-we are pretty certain of it.
Who we are looking for
Lucky for you, we’re on the hunt for an experienced Head of Sales to direct the vision and efforts of our sales department teams while meeting and exceeding goals. This leader will boost Smarty’s acceleration into the next growth stage while delivering results and a fun, high-performance environment. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience growing and scaling multiple SAAS teams to reach extraordinary heights.
What you need to get the job done
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business, or related field
- 12-15 years of experience in relevant sales and sales management roles, with a minimum of 8 years experience in leading multiple high-growth sales teams. Mid-market and enterprise SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in change management, with demonstrated ability to lead change efforts, motivate, and enable high performing sales teams while driving revenue growth in a complex organizational and market environment, and a fun office culture
- Exceptional ability to build trusting relationships, up, down and across the org chart
- Outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing
What you’ll do for us
- Grow revenue by defining and executing a sales vision in harmony with key executive priorities, to capture significant market share in a market space with a TAM of over $1.5 billion
- Own overall pipeline growth and scale net dollar retention inline with executive targets
- Recruit, lead, and develop a continuously growing team of top sales professionals; lead your teams in territory assignment, planning and forecasting
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to Sales team managers and members, improving individual/team performance and individual career development
- Provide CRO with regular, detailed updates on pipelines, sales forecasts, team performance, deal analysis, and other KPIs
- Evaluate additional sales channels and provide recommendations to senior leadership on which channels to implement
- Collaborate with other team leaders within the organization to provide ‘boots on the ground’ insights to Marketing, Customer Success, Support, and Product Management
- Participate in company cultural training – including Arbinger methodologies – and apply learned principles in your interactions with customers and team members
- Have fun! Master your craft, enjoy the ride, and ensure your teams are having fun, too. Participate in company activities like trips to arcades, theme parks, spontaneous movie quotes, plays, and group snack trips to our overstocked kitchen.
What we’ll do for you
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
A bulleted list doesn’t really convey how cool it is to work here. And let’s be honest: these sound super generic, but we promise you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Excellent compensation (DOE)
- 100% paid health, dental and basic life insurance premiums (includes family coverage)
- Long term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training for professional and career development
- Great workplace and the tools to accomplish your work
- Adjustable standing desks
- Fully stocked kitchen with unlimited drinks and snacks
- Team building lunches and activities
- In-office chiropractic services
- Many other perks, including company retreats and trips to exciting locations
Sounds too good to be true? Apply and find out for yourself.
- If you meet these qualifications, please apply at: https://smarty.bamboohr.com/careers
- For more information about the company, please visit us at smarty.com.
Smarty is a leader in location data intelligence-providing enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for address validation, standardization, and geocoding in 240+ countries and territories. Through easy-to-use website tools, SDKs and fully-documented APIs, Smarty’s customers process billions of addresses every day!
And we’re having fun!
We believe fun is creating, building, and helping. Fun is collaborating with energy and excitement. Fun is making memories. Fun is not just working, but really living and enjoying our time together. We accomplish this by mastering our respective crafts, being outward toward others, and by doing lots of fun things together. We infuse fun into our everyday work and believe if you aren’t having fun, then you’re doing it wrong!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we require all candidates (that receive and accept employment offers) to complete a background check.
Follow us on social media