At SolarWinds, we’re a people-first company. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of the people we serve—including our employees, customers, shareholders, Partners, and communities. Join us in our mission to help customers accelerate business transformation with simple, powerful, and secure solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment and is collaborative, accountable, ready, and empathetic. We’re looking for individuals who believe they can accomplish more as a team and create lasting growth for themselves and others. We hire based on attitude, competency, and commitment. Solarians are ready to advance our world-class solutions in a fast-paced environment and accept the challenge to lead with purpose. If you’re looking to build your career with an exceptional team, you’ve come to the right place. Join SolarWinds and grow with us!
This role is open at the Product Marketing Manager or Senior Product Marketing Manager levels based on experience. This role does not require previous product marketing experience, you’ll learn those skills here, so if you have previous ITSM experience and looking to make a career change into Product Marketing keep reading!
The (Sr) Product Marketing Manager is a critical thinker who owns the execution of our global go-to-market strategy for SolarWinds Service Desk, our primary ITSM offering.
Delivers product messaging that differentiates and resonates with targeted market segments and across channels. Develops and implements plans to position and promote SolarWinds Service Desk. Is an expert in the ITSM market and can influence senior stakeholders, roadmap decisions, and corporate marketing programs. Leads and nurtures new strategic initiatives and projects, collaborating across the company to ensure the successful definition, planning, landing, and execution. Serves as the key connection point between the market, product, marketing, and sales. This is a very visible role across the company with a lot of opportunity for recognition, resume building, and career growth.
- Influence and execute our global go-to-market strategy for ITSM at SolarWinds. Works with marketing, sales, and product teams to achieve financial and market success for the product. Leverages extensive understanding of the ITSM market and challenges our customers face. Brings that knowledge to SolarWinds to up-level our content and marketing strategies. Responsible for revenue attainment, growth, and retention for SolarWinds Service Desk.
- Lead enhancing and adjusting our positioning and messaging as the product and market change to ensure our content resonates with the right buyer at the right time.
- Understand and track market changes, including competitive shifts, to help inform our messaging, go-to-market strategy, and sales execution.
- Build on and enhance our understanding of current Buyer Personas while continuing to monitor for new Buyers as our go-to-market strategies shift into new regions, markets, and buying segments.
- Assist in the development and execution of cross-functional plans for tackling some of our biggest go-to-market challenges.
- Partner with product management to provide recommendations and insights on the roadmap generation across the portfolio, to determine the business goals for your products.
- Lead and drive the product launch process and plan to ensure that all business functions are prepared for new product releases for your product/portfolio or cross-portfolio. Ensure that new features and releases get the needed visibility and exposure, both externally and with Sales, to achieve revenue goals.
- Speak for ITSM and SolarWinds Service Desk for internal and external audiences through webcasts, training, executive presentations, analyst briefings, and other speaking opportunities.
- Regularly perform competitive analysis and maintain a deep understanding of the top competitors for your products and portfolio. Analyze alternative offerings, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy for winning. Develop competitive marketing, programs, and sales enablement resources.
- Support sales and partner with sales leadership to understand product/portfolio challenges and needs relative to selling the offering. Develop and lead training sessions and create and maintain a playbook (including characteristics of good/bad opportunities, buyer insights, key messages, and sales collateral) of sales tools to help them succeed.
- 3+ years working in ITSM in a customer facing role: Product Marketing, Product Management, Content Marketing, Sales Engineer, etc.
- Deep understanding of information technology buyers and the IT industry.
- Comfort engaging with customers and prospects on calls or at events
- Understanding the importance of the Product Marketing function including, Go-To-Market, Product Launches, Messaging, Buyer Personas, and Sales Enablement
- Proven ability to produce creative, memorable, high-impact content.
- Excellent writer and engaging presenter, with the ability to deliver technical content in the form of crisp, value-based messages.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency; demonstrated experience influencing cross-functionally to deliver results that drive positive gains.
- Strong technical and sales orientation; ability to act as a bridge and connect with both product management and marketing/sales.
- Ability to track and interpret business metrics with the goal of discovering new opportunities.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline to work effectively in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to exceed in various levels of ambiguity and work to drive clarity when needed.
- Ability to think and execute at both strategic and operational levels.
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applications are treated in accordance with the SolarWinds Privacy Notice: https://www.solarwinds.com/applicant-privacy-notice
To apply for this job please visit jobs.solarwinds.com.