At SolarWinds, we’re a people-first company. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of the people we serve—including our employees, customers, shareholders, Partners, and communities. Join us in our mission to help customers accelerate business transformation with simple, powerful, and secure solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment and is collaborative, accountable, ready, and empathetic. We’re looking for individuals who believe they can accomplish more as a team and create lasting growth for themselves and others. We hire based on attitude, competency, and commitment. Solarians are ready to advance our world-class solutions in a fast-paced environment and accept the challenge to lead with purpose. If you’re looking to build your career with an exceptional team, you’ve come to the right place. Join SolarWinds and grow with us!
The seasoned Senior Staff Product Marketing Manager, Hybrid Cloud Observability will be responsible for leading the team and presenting our Network and Infrastructure Observability solutions in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales. Works closely with the Marketing to ensure we are positioned for market leadership, have effective content, and are driving demand for new customer acquisition, expansion, and cross-sell.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Product Marketing is responsible for supporting revenue attainment and growth. This role will be responsible for the go-to-market strategy and for influencing teams across areas of the business that impact performance, starting with a close relationship with sales and demand generation teams.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Describe platform in terms of its ability to solve market problems and create crisp and compelling messages that drive market acceptance and growth. Capture the imagination of economic buyers and IT professionals with a fresh and creative approach.
- Product Marketing Strategy & Planning: Drive thoughtful product marketing plans and budget that are comprehensive in nature and cover the spectrum of initiatives needed for business goals – vision/thought leadership, enablement, analyst initiatives and customer awareness and adoption.
- Thought Leadership: Generate insightful & compelling content (webinars, blogs, e-books, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties.
- Sales Enablement and Content: Work closely with sales to understand their challenges and needs relative to selling the offering and create and maintain a playbook of sales tools to help Sales succeed.
- Demand Generation: Work closely with the demand generation team to develop campaigns strategy, deliver campaign assets, monitor and measure effectiveness and develop plans to exceed revenue goals
- Event and Sales Support: Provide product and market expertise for tradeshows, webinars, and seminars. Provide ongoing support for the sales channel.
- Working with a global team of A-players: You will be working with a tightly coupled cross-functional team of highly talented and experienced professionals. There is a high focus on execution and organization, but we don’t let formal processes get in the way of opportunity or experimentation.
- Customer and Competitive Intelligence: Identify and validate urgent, pervasive problems in the market by interviewing customers, recent evaluators and potential buyers. Map their needs with target markets and analyze competitor and alternative offerings in the market, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy for winning against the competition.
- 7-10 years of solid background in B2B technology product marketing required. Knowledge of the Observability and IT Operations management market including application performance management, digital experience management, network and infrastructure monitoring, systems management, and related markets would be beneficial.
- Strong background targeting DevOps, CloudOps, application development persona would be very beneficial
- Demonstrative analytical skills as well as a passion for products analysis, competitive analysis, and market dynamics with a strong ability to synthesize market data and provide solutions even on short notice or constrained deadlines
- Creative ability to craft product messaging that resonates and connects with the diverse demographics of the target buyers and users of the SolarWinds’ platform
- Must have the ability to influence all personnel levels and collaborate with cross-functional teams in Sales and Marketing to drive toward a single unified direction
- Possess an apparent and seasoned business judgment that will earn trust and respect of the team, peers, and executives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex material to both technical teams and consumers in a way that relates effectively to each audience
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a cross-functional, highly matrixed environment on a global scale
- Experience producing creative, technical content, and acting as a key influencer and spokesperson in the market
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree MBA/MS desirable
SolarWinds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. SolarWinds will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applications are treated in accordance with the SolarWinds Privacy Notice: https://www.solarwinds.com/applicant-privacy-notice