Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We’re on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world’s largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we’re constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
**This is an in office role and requires you to be in our London office 3 days a week**
Software is at the very core of our lives and our world. From how we bank, shop, socialize and now even how we work. In order to keep up with the demand, development teams use components of pre-made software (open source) to build software applications – like using pre-made bricks to build a house instead of writing everything from scratch. In 2021, 1.5 trillion open source components will be downloaded and not every component is secure. At Sonatype, we make sure those open source components are safe to help companies build safer software – fast. Every company in the world builds software this way – the opportunity is huge.
This is where you come in. A key part of our success is a laser-focus on generating sales pipeline by thoughtfully marketing to enterprise organizations and uncovering sales opportunities. We need high-energy and motivated individuals to work hand in hand with field marketing, qualify inbound leads, target accounts through outbound campaigns and identify early-stage opportunities. BDRs are a vital role for Sonatype; closely aligned to field marketing and an instrumental part of generating pipeline.
- Drive attendance and engagement to marketing programs.
- Qualify MQLs and convert to Sales Accepted Leads (SAL’s) for the field sales team by booking Discovery Calls.
- Generate new pipeline from both and in bound and cold outbound perspective
- Working with account managers on targeting focus accounts
- Develop outbound creative strategies for engaging and cultivating your own prospects using content, email, phone, and social media.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities, generating qualified leads and building your own contact database through research and profiling.
- Contribute to conversion and pipeline goals by identifying early stage opportunities for the sales teams with decision-makers.
- Proactively use contact intelligence technology such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Hubspot, Drift, Zoom and Outreach to get full insight into a lead’s history and intent before picking up the phone.
- Tune qualification conversations based on MQL lead source, campaign, seniority and persona.
- Fluency in French, German or Spanish is advantageous
- 1 year prior BDR or SDR experience, within the technology industry.
- Preferably prior experience cold calling and generating new leads.
- An acute attention to detail and you seek pride in your work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Uncapped commission and overachievement incentives.
- Our philosophy is to develop our people and promote from within.
- Successful candidates can expect accelerated career progression into Sales and ManagementRegular Sales Training and development supported by learning paths and Sales Enablement team.
- Working with market leading sales & prospecting intelligence tools.
- Choice of PC or Mac to work on.
- Opportunity to attend our Company Kick Off!
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.