Why you should join us:
At Sound Agriculture, we believe our food system can nourish consumers, farming communities, and the planet. Through a deeper understanding of plant and microbial biology, we are leveraging the natural power of plants to make agriculture more agile and resilient. Our work focuses on developing nutrient efficiency products and modernizing plant breeding to improve the way we farm and the food we eat. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
What you’ll do:
The Revenue Operations team leverages data, processes, and technology to support the explosive growth of Sound Agriculture. We partner with leaders from the Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Accounting teams to develop a cohesive company-wide strategy and execute it on a global scale.
We seek a Revenue Systems Architect with deep experience architecting enterprise-level, global solutions. As a core member of the Revenue Operations team, this role will play a critical part in designing, building, and scaling our SFDC-centric ecosystem to support our global go-to-market organization. This dynamic role requires deep technical acumen and the ability to holistically understand and design for complex business needs.
The Revenue Systems Architect is the mastermind behind how we build and leverage our technology. This role designs, develops, and implements the tools & systems that help solve business problems. We expect this role to constantly evaluate our system health and roadmap to ensure we are building for scale.
Ideal candidates love to solve business problems with processes and data pipelines that span multiple applications, consider themselves CRM experts and have a proven track record of successfully designing & deploying a suite of technology leveraged by Sales, Marketing & Customer Experience teams, and are energized by understanding how each piece of technology works with one another. Top candidates are consistently sharpening their skills to make sure we are maximizing the return on our tech stack.
This position is an individual contributor (for now) and will be managing an external development team and reports to the Director, Revenue Operations.
- Design, implement and maintain our Revenue system ecosystem for scale
- Consistently evaluate our efficiency with an emphasis on how technology can make our company more effective. Evaluate, procure, and deploy new software as needed
- Partner with stakeholders across business functions to understand business problems, gather requirements, and build a technology roadmap
- Create and maintain thorough, up-to-date, functional, and technical systems documentation
- Serve as the go-to technical resource for our go-to-market tech stack by creating and advising on best in class solutions
- Administer, design, and scale the Order-to-Cash tech stack of Sound Agriculture’s Revenue Systems architecture including those related to Order-Management-System, Warehouse-Management-System, billing, payment and indirect tax operation
- Partner closely with Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Accounting, FP&A, and the rest of the Business Systems teams to identify and translate business requirements into impactful and scalable solutions
- Optimize the usability of applications in this vertical with the experience of our stakeholders and customers in mind
- Assist in building our Revenue Systems architecture including business process design, implementations, training, and post-go-live support
- Represent the Order-to-Cash Vertical in building the larger Financial Systems roadmap to ensure alignment with business initiatives and needs
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills relating to your functional domain to make relevant and impactful recommendations for process and service improvements, and efficiencies
- Lead the systems support needed on key projects and provide data-driven recommendations to senior leadership
- Lead or assist in the execution and implementation of various Revenue Management initiatives, that often cross functional departments
- Partner with vendors to define, implement, test, and ensure the successful operation of systems and data feeds
- Collaborate with Revenue Management leadership to set and execute strategic direction for system evolution and drive consistent business practice across revenue management system platforms
Targeted Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of enterprise architect experience, with a minimum of two years architecting and implementing complex SFDC projects for a [near] global organization
- 4+ years of experience supporting a high growth B2B company in-house or as a consultant or Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of CRM Systems.
- Demonstrated mastery of the Salesforce platform, including standard data structures, advanced configurations, security/permissions management, data migration, Lightning, Sales Cloud, OMS, Communities, APEX class/coding, custom coding, SOQL/SOSL, process builder, triggers, workflows, Visualforce, Force.com, CSS, HTML, templates, and web services
- Experience with external business applications and enterprise systems (ERPs, payment gateways, ETL, marketing automation, lead routing, CDP, data warehouses, and BI tools)
- Experience in multiple aspects of a full-scale implementation: vendor selection, requirements gathering, architectural design, user acceptance testing, and rollout training
- Domain expertise in the customer and transaction lifecycle from New Product Introductions through Revenue Recognition
- Growth mindset with an inherent curiosity and personal drive, ability to navigate ambiguity and operate independently in a fast-based environment
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: Having the courage to dive into our architecture with a burning desire to tame and scale it!
- Ownership: Stewarding Sound’s system build through our globalization phase.
- Respect: Using an intimate understanding of our customer and internal stakeholder needs to build value-added solutions.
- Creativity: Embraces artistic freedom to breathe life and synchronicity into our labyrinth of business systems.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.
Follow us on social media