At Sound Agriculture, we believe our food system can nourish consumers, farming communities, and the planet. Through a deeper understanding of plant and microbial biology, we are leveraging the natural power of plants to make agriculture more agile and resilient. Our work focuses on developing nutrient efficiency products and modernizing plant breeding to improve the way we farm and the food we eat. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
What you’ll do:
We are hiring an Account Executive to achieve maximum sales growth and demand generation with large, progressive growers. This role will be part salesperson and part account manager, working collaboratively with our Regional Sales Managers and retail partners to close business with professional corn and soybean growers throughout the US.
The Account Executive partners with the Sr. Manager, Inside Sales and Regional Sales Manager to drive high-growth sales within the assigned region. This specific region will serve growers in the Pacific North West United States.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Inside Sales, and can be based remotely across the United States (#LI-REMOTE) or in our Emeryville, CA headquarters. Expectation of approximately 20% travel, including trade shows, sales team meetings, and customer meetings.
- 50% outbound prospecting including calls, emails, tweets and LinkedIn and video messages to growers to generate interest
- Utilize social media, CRM (Salesforce), and other digital tools to build awareness and interest in our SOURCE product line
- Achieve sales targets in collaboration with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs), helping to close strategic grower accounts with SOURCE Corn and Soybeans
- Execute a close sales plan in conjunction with RSMs and SAs in their regional team
- Build out and execute demand generation process, including use of software like Salesforce and related to have an appropriate outreach cadence through phone, email and text
- Maintain open channels of communication and collaboration with the regions via regular updates and quarterly strategy meetings both remote and in-person
- Participates/engages in ongoing sales skills and personal development trainings
- Cultivating a growth mindset and willingness to go above and beyond
Skills & Experience
- Tenacity in digital outbound sales calling; excitement for hunting new sales opportunities and growing new business
- Demonstrated success as an direct sales professional including achievement of sales goals across multiple products and industries
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for sustainable agriculture
- Experience identifying customer needs and crafting a personalized value-proposition
- Ability to sell based on value and ROI, including business financials and price/volume relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships in person, over the phone, and by video conferencing
- Experience selling new product lines that create a new market, vs. established categories that are mostly stealing market share
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite and Salesforce
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: Actively analyzes market opportunities and pursues all qualified leads; pushes beyond sales goals and targets to achieve big results for our customers and colleagues
- Ownership: Takes charge of their assigned marketplace and collaborates with the Account Executives, Regional Sales, and Customer Experience teams to close deals
- Respect: Leads by example and freely shares best practices, process improvements, and invests time in skill development for others
- Creativity: Uses a blend of new and trusted tools to generate leads, pursue growers, and close deals
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound Agriculture does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. We will not respond to unsolicited requests to submit candidates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.
Follow us on social media