This position is responsible for creating and implementing digital, web, and social media strategies to convey the University’s key messages, conducting research and usability studies, guiding information architecture, and managing projects in order to meet defined strategic marketing and communications goals. The person selected for this position will create content and distribute messages in appropriate digital formats in order to engage University constituents on social media, our website, and other media platforms. They will develop and provide regular web and social media analytic reports, as well as coordinate and manage various marketing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, Graphic Design, Digital Media or related field.
- Two years of directly related professional experience in marketing, public relations, web content copywriting, web design or mass communications
- Strong written and oral communication skills, consulting skills, ability to develop effective, collaborative relationships, particularly with faculty, staff and students.
- Project management skills sufficient to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience with photography and videography, production and editing with professional software such as Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Lightroom.
- Proficiency in monitoring organizations’ social media platforms and actively engaging others through it.
- Proficiency in using social media management monitoring systems and analytics tools such as Hootsuite (or similar product).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse internal constituents.
- Understanding of best practices regarding usability, accessibility, and search engine optimization.
- Master’s Degree in Communications, User Experience, Marketing, Web Design, Writing, Project Management, or related field;
- Demonstrated experience creating, budgeting, and measuring paid social media campaigns, paid search campaigns, and search engine optimization.
- Experience in digital analytics platforms (i.e. Google Analytics) and translating metrics to actionable insights.
- Ability to develop and conduct training on best practices for digital communication and social media.
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics to develop and support marketing strategies.
- Experience with Project Management strategy to create clear and attainable project objectives; build project requirements; oversee the cost, timelines, and scope of the projects; manage project constraints; communicate progress and end results.
- Experience writing, producing, and editing for interactive media.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML and/or web design with experience using a comprehensive content management system.
- Professional experience in higher education in the areas of advancement, marketing, public relations, communications, content development, social media management, or web design.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
We are committed to responding to the educational needs of our changing communities and to providing opportunities for enhancing knowledge, skills, and values in a supportive learning environment. We recognize and assert the value of inclusion as an ethical imperative and as a necessity for academic rigor, student success, and lifelong learning. Our goal is to strive for inclusive excellence in our commitment to preparing all students and employees for success.
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
Follow us on social media