Sovrn is seeking an experienced Marketing Operations Manager based in Boulder, CO or NYC, NY to ensure Sovrn’s marketing efforts are efficient, data-driven, and aligned with our broader objectives of measuring and evaluating marketing performance, informing strategic planning and channel budgeting, supporting demand generation and integrated marketing campaigns, acquiring new customers, and driving revenue.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Operations Manager will work with sales, sales operations, and customer success to implement marketing operations strategies that maximize output for qualified leads and opportunities. They will use data-driven decision-making to identify and implement system enhancements, effective lead workflows, and integrations that optimize marketing operations and the customer experience.
The right person for the role is data-focused with a solid technical foundation of key CRM and marketing automation systems and is a detail-oriented team player who can work collaboratively and build bridges with stakeholders on multiple teams to improve marketing performance, campaign effectiveness, lead generation, and ROI.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage lead scoring, nurture, and the automation of the lead funnel workflow, driving to MQLs, SQLs, and closed-won deals.
- Work closely with sales operations to ensure smooth lead handoff, data synchronization, and alignment between marketing and sales systems.
- Oversee the marketing analytics function including data analysis, reporting, and dashboard creation.
- Develop and implement processes for campaign setup, tracking, and measurement, ensuring accurate data capture and reporting.
- Monitor campaign performance metrics, analyze data, and provide actionable insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Streamline marketing processes, workflows, and documentation to improve efficiency and scalability.
- Manage marketing data, including data segmentation, cleansing, and enrichment, to support personalized and targeted marketing efforts.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures for marketing operations, ensuring consistent execution and adherence to best practices.
- Identify bottlenecks, areas for improvement, and automation opportunities, and lead initiatives to drive process optimization and innovation.
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends, tools, and best practices. Continually evaluate and implement systems and processes to gain efficiencies and drive scalability.
- 3-5 years of work experience at a B2B technology startup environment and/or agency in marketing operations
- Strong technical fluency in MAPs (Hubspot, Marketo), CRM’s (Salesforce), and analytics tools (Looker, Tableau, Domo, PowerBI)
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and time management skills. Able to balance both short term requests and long term projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven decisionmaking, data analysis, segmentation, and reporting.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking abilities.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Certifications in marketing automation platforms or other relevant technologies are a plus.
This position reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Location: New York, NY or Boulder, CO (Preferred)
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $100,000-$120,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.