For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers’ needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Our goal is to establish ourselves as trusted advisors to our customers by enhancing our focus and specialization. We strive to sell with purpose. We leverage our understanding of our customers’ businesses, current market trends, and valuable data and solutions to help them get the results they need to grow their business.
To streamline our operations, the Revenue Organization is broken into segments: • Center Store • Plant, Protein & Dairy • Big CPG • Snack & Beverage • and Non-Food (VMS, Pet, Body Care). Team members from Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, and Solution Architecture are assigned to each segment. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
What You Will Do
We are adding to our Sales team in the Non-Food segment. We are searching for candidates who have experience and passion for working in the Natural, Organic, Health & Wellness industry, and will enable valuable insights and solutions to drive sales. The Senior Account Executive is a major contributor to SPINS overall growth and profitability. This successful deal closer is responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, and prospecting strategic client relationships.
This hands-on role requires a strong focus on positioning SPINS Solution Suites including data subscriptions, consulting services, and digital solutions. The successful Senior Account Executive will help to accelerate SPINS products & services, cultivate new business development and be a Subject Matter Expert in the segment. This role will close transactions with clients based on a core set of SPINS solutions, and then harness and coordinate the full value of SPINS to maximize client impact and revenue.
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets of delivered revenue, building SPINS’ business, and advancing SPINS business and relationships with brands within our VMS, Pet, and Body Care Portfolios. The position reports to the Director of Sales, while directly partnering with the SPINS Services & Success Team, and will require approximately 25% travel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, prospect, cultivate and grow base of clients.
- Exceed defined sales goals through account planning, networking and use of company resources
- Maximize SPINS revenue and profitability potential by up-selling new revenue, raising awareness of SPINS broader portfolio of solutions and ensuring client satisfaction
- Participate in trade shows, kick-off meetings, major milestone meetings and other opportunistic events where senior decisions makers are present
- Maintain thorough understanding of SPINS solutions and tailor presentations & solutions to meet the needs of different types of businesses
- Assist top clients in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions
- Collaborate with SPINS’ colleagues to define the optimal performance measurements and management priorities and identify opportunities for new sales
- Champion change to remain aligned with SPINS’ vision, goals, the industry, market and client needs
- Contribute to the growth, development, and positive experience of the SPINS’ Sales team
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual forecasts
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing or related field; MBA or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of software solutions sales experience including: data marketing, analytics, SaaS, digital or related technology space; start-up experience is preferred
- Experience selling solutions into CPG, Food Retailers, or Food Manufacturers is preferred
- Strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling of a solution
- Ability to develop strong C-Suite level relationships
- Highly evolved presentation and negotiation skills
- Motivated to advance growth in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company environment
- Accomplished change agent who demonstrates flexibility, resilience to setback and is able to drive operating and culture change, and long term vision to maintain course within constantly changing environment
- Sound administrative skills and highly evolved people management skills
- Able to establish credibility with key executives while driving the priorities of the organization
- Effective when communicating with technical and non-technical individuals to drive understanding and inspire creativity
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer requirements and identify solutions
- Strategic critical thinker with strong business management and development abilities
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.