The demand generation strategist works with clients to counsel, coach and advise them on remarkable marketing strategies that grow their businesses.
Our clients need to get the right advice from us, and our growth strategists need to be able to deliver it – straightforward, bold and direct. That’s what we get paid for.
Specifically, this position is responsible for giving our clients a truly remarkable marketing experience from start to finish. This might mean suggesting a deeper dive with our analytics team, offering an unsolicited recommendation or talking clients through the whys behind their marketing tactics in clear, easily understandable terms. The strategist’s job is to guide clients as their marketing trainer on the implementation of their complete marketing program.
The key to being successful in this position is juggling a variety of tasks to ensure the marketing tactics deliver the expected results. Our clients pay us for our opinion; Square 2 strategists need to be confident and comfortable giving their expert perspectives, even if it makes clients uncomfortable occasionally. Our job then shifts into helping them work through the change, so their company shines and their marketing drives long-term, sustainable growth.
- Create the overall marketing strategy for your clients and oversee the implementation of that marketing program on a day-to-day basis
- Provide well-articulated expertise/guidance on digital marketing, including demand generation, paid media, inbound and ABM
- Develop lead scoring and lead management strategies, and oversee implementation
- Manage multiple clients
- Lead the creation of messaging strategy for clients through team member collaboration
- Guide agile-based planning with clients in 90-day and 30-day cycles based on client business goals/objectives and data from campaigns
- Work with prospective clients to recommend strategy and tactics for new engagements with our firm
- Work with the creative team to ensure your clients’ messaging is delivered in consistently innovative and engaging ways
- Strategic – develop marketing strategies (knowledge of the digital space a must, knowledge of the traditional space a plus)
- Leadership – be a team player who knows how to coach/mentor, provide guidance to a larger team and be an effective collaborator
- Analytical – feel comfortable living in the data, analyzing the data and using key takeaways to guide strategy on an ongoing basis
- Relationships – skilled at developing client relationships/partnerships, as well as team member relationships
Underpinnings of Success
- At least 8 to 10 years of marketing experience developing strategic marketing plans and tactical marketing programs for a variety of different industries
- Proven track record of developing marketing programs that have contributed to increased revenue, new customer acquisition and customer retention
- At least five years in an account management or client-facing role with an agency, consulting firm or internal agency
- An understanding of digital marketing and experience working with HubSpot, Marketo, Salesforce and other marketing/sales technologies is preferred
- A student of marketing with a passion for continually learning new ways to practice your craft
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Capable of delivering “no-fluff” communication both to team members and clients in a professional/productive manner
- Strong understanding of how to prioritize strategies/tactics to achieve results for clients within budget
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Open to learning and professional growth
- Comfortable with change
- Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.square2marketing.com.