At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our Head of Sales Development, North America you’re responsible for leading and coaching a team of SDR Managers and individual contributors across US and Canada.
In addition to strong leadership, you will help in navigating our overall business direction. That includes offering valuable input regarding Marketing and Operations and proactively introducing ideas and proposals.
You will build upon a solid foundation, a strong product and a rapidly growing market. The goal is to help scale Staffbase’s organization internationally and throughout the North American region.
You will be responsible for the overall pipeline generated through inbound and outbound activities for the North American market. You will be reporting to the VP of Sales, North America, together you will build a revenue machine by setting up and managing scalable processes and hiring and retaining suitable talent.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading the overall strategy of the North America Sales Development team.
- Collaborating with your global counterparts in other regions.
- Delivering new business pipeline via qualified opportunities for our Account Executives.
- Identifying, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring sales talent from individual contributors to managers.
- Identifying problems and proactively creating comprehensive plans of action.
- Aligning with marketing and sales leadership teams to strategically and predictably fill the pipeline with qualified prospects and customers for their territories.
- Working strategically with Marketing to create prospecting and ABM campaigns.
- Ensuring SLAs are followed through across all business unit partnerships.
- Preparing for, and contributing to, regular status or ad hoc meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Continuously improving SDR processes, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Delivering upon other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by management.
- Be seen as a mentor, leader, and coach to other new members of the team.
What You Need to Be Successful
- 3+ years of people leadership experience in Sales.
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience ideally in software or web technology companies.
- In-depth knowledge of sales culture, especially regarding the NA market.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- A data-driven, analytical mindset. You are confident using Google Sheets and/or Excel.
- Experience in Sales Engagement tools is a plus.
- You are a highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who loves to work in a diverse and international team.
- A leader by example, able to inspire and motivate.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written.
- A leader, able to inspire and motivate individual and team performance.
- Strong sales knowledge and commercial approach to business development.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Staffbase’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $111,650.00-$175,000.00 base salary per year. You will also be earning commission as a percentage of your quota attainment. In addition, Staffbase provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, equity, paid parental leave, an employee growth budget, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, wellness days, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Our Global Benefits
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP): Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
- Ongoing Learning: We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
- Feel Good Fridays: Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
- Flexibility: When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
- Parental Leave: We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Follow us on social media