Our mission is to radically simplify access to healthcare.
Every pediatric care journey should start with a simple text. On average, parents spend more than 3 hours a day managing non-scheduled medical needs for their children. With the uncertainty of after-hours care and the decline in professionals practicing medicine, the current medical system is not set up to respond to the round-the-clock needs of caregivers.
Summer Health is the first step and ongoing tool for anyone navigating health concerns, offering timely text access to high-quality healthcare professionals who provide expert answers and reliable advice over text.
Our investors include Sequoia, Lux, Chelsea Clinton’s Metrodora Capital, Box Group and many more.
As our Marketing Lead, you will be a core part of the team at Summer Health and will oversee the marketing function for the business. You will lead, oversee and execute all aspects of the company’s marketing strategy and initiatives, including growth, brand strategy, community, content, partnerships, performance, lifecycle, analytics and social marketing. You will be responsible for building our brand identity, and partnering closely with the broader organization to engage new and existing members. You will also support growth by building a strategic marketing agenda across paid, owned and earned channels. This is a full-stack marketing role that requires both strategy and execution, while fostering a spirit of shared mission and purpose.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development of the brand and our positioning in the market by building a nuanced understanding of our consumers and their needs
- Define our content programming and community agenda, elevating the right stories to the right audiences across various marketing mediums
- Drive ROI-positive go-to-market strategies across paid, owned and earned channels to drive new user growth
- Define and implement lifecycle marketing strategies that nurture retention through engagement and personalization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new revenue opportunities across employer, provider and payer audiences
- Drive decisions rooted in data and distribute key marketing analyses for the business
- Partner closely with the product team on market and customer user research to inform business, product and marketing strategy
- Collaborate and foster a true partner relationship between marketing and the broader organization
- Actively be part of Summer Health’s leadership team, having a say in the most important strategic decisions
- 8+ years in marketing with at least 3 years at an early-stage startup or hyper-growth company
- A proven leader with at least 3 years of management experience, plus a track record of building and nurturing high-performing teams
- A structured thinker, with demonstrated ability to design and execute growth and marketing strategies that scale and leveraging brand as a business growth lever
- Exposure to many facets of marketing: brand, product, growth, lifecycle, PR/comms, community, social, etc.
- Strong grasp of consumer insights and a customer-centric mindset. Desire to understand the members’ motivations and customer experience
- Strong understanding of when and how to work with freelancers and agencies to get the best output (and when to bring work in-house)
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting, measuring, and attaining KPIs
- A natural collaborator and clear communicator who seeks out feedback and ideas from team members
We’ve got you covered
- Work remotely with the expectation of 9-5 EST hours
- Unlimited time off
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Company-sponsored quarterly retreats
- WFH office stipend
- Continued learning opportunities
- Opportunity to collaborate with mission driven team while making an impact on access to health care
To apply for this job please visit summerhealth.notion.site.
Follow us on social media