Our passion at SumUp is championing small businesses. We believe in creating technology that is flexible, fair, affordable and easy to use. Every day millions of people around the world dream of starting their own businesses. We strive to help them to do this. Our long-term goal is to close the loop by enabling businesses to turn transactions with customers into long term relationships.
We’re looking to welcome to our team a Marketing Director, Europe who will play a key role in shaping the voice of SumUp. The Marketing Director will be co-developing and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy that caters to SumUp’s multi-segment and multi-product business. Their goal, in alignment and collaboration with other peers in the markets and product teams, will be to attract new customers and keep existing merchants excited about our multiple products. This person will be based in Berlin or London depending on their preference and report to the CEO, Europe.
What You’ll Do
- Create a highly agile and execution-focused marketing organization that embeds a holistic and proactive marketing thinking into all European go-to-market activities
- Guide and develop a senior marketing team of 40 people in Public Relations, Social Media, Content and Brand
- Create an agile European marketing calendar that coordinates campaigns with key stakeholders (Product Marketing and other functions) and leverages automation
- Contribute to SumUp’s global brand and marketing chapter fostering consistent and collaborative development of global marketing campaigns
- Develop SumUp’s data-led evaluation frameworks to assess end-to-end brand and marketing effectiveness
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have marketing management experience in high growth, multi-product and multi-country environment
- You have strong track record of customer segmentation and upmarket motions in B2B SaaS or Fintech context
- You have successfully built and managed teams
- You have experience of driving an organizational transformation
- You have experience in managing a variety of global stakeholders and act as a trusted partner
- You’re a strong communicator
- You are able to leverage data to drive strategy
Why you should join SumUp:
- We are a true global tech company with over 3000+ people from 93 nationalities, spread across 22 offices in Europe, LatAm and the US.
- You can truly create your own path here and help us shape the future for small businesses globally.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties, and sports.
- You’ll receive a budget for your individual development, attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and paid leave and you will have access to the SumUp Sabbatical, our Employee Referral and Employee assistance programme for mental health as well as Fitness and language learning offers.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family, and even your pets.
We believe in the everyday hero. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we’re creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.