Swing Education is an online staffing marketplace that connects substitute teachers with schools. Founded in 2015 by former K-12 educators and administrators, Swing makes it easier for schools and districts to find reliable, qualified substitute teachers when they need them most. With over 500,000 absence days filled to date, Swing is dedicated to improving the experience of finding substitute teachers, becoming a sub, and keeping student learning on track. Swing serves over 2,800 partner schools across California, Arizona, Illinois, Texas, New Jersey, New York, and Washington D.C.
Swing Education is proud to be a Minority-Owned Business; all three of our co-founders, including our CEO, CTO, and COO, are people of color. One of our founders is a woman of color. Our board of directors is also 60% female and 75% people of color. Swing Education strives to embrace Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across the company, and embraces these values not only in its corporate hiring decisions, but also in its day to day interactions with and management of Swing Subs. Over 50% of our staff are women, and 60% are people of color (30% underrepresented groups). To learn more about Swing Education and our Core Values please click here.
The Director of Product Marketing will be a critical strategic leader on a growing marketing team. This role will be responsible for deeply understanding the customer on both sides of the marketplace, defining the competitive and partner ecosystem, articulating the value proposition of Swing, and identifying areas of opportunity to solve pain points. This person will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product to understand market inputs and make data-driven adjustments to the GTM strategy. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, dynamic problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the annual product marketing plan including budget, headcount, and tool requirements as well as forecasting performance and business impact of the investment.
- Gather market insights through qualitative and quantitative research that will influence the company, product, and go-to-market strategy.
- Conduct industry and competitive intelligence to analyze customer segments, trends, and competitive product offerings. Use those insights to effectively position Swing within the marketplace.
- Work closely with Product Management to define the pricing and packaging strategy and value propositions for Swing products.
- Identify and deeply understand our target personas and develop compelling messaging across touch points.
- Influence and contribute to increasing LTV for both the school and substitute teacher audiences for Swing
- Partner with Sales leadership to create compelling value props, sales materials, and training.
- Partner with Product Management leadership to develop a differentiated roadmap, successfully manage the launch of new products, and drive adoption with Swing customers.
- Report on the performance of product marketing initiatives while continuously suggesting ways to more effectively allocate resources towards team goals.
- Hire and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high-performing team across multiple pillars of product marketing.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of product marketing experience with some of that in a marketplace environment.
- Ability to operate confidently with limited resources in a startup environment.
- Aligns multiple stakeholders and moves decisively with supported recommendations.
- Ability to execute research (both quantitative and qualitative) to fill GTM intelligence gaps.
- Examples of identifying product opportunities that grow revenue at early-stage startups.
- Superior people skills with a proven ability to build and lead a team will be critical for scale.
- Early-stage startup experience is required (Series A, B, or C).
Salary is commensurate on experience and is adjusted for cost of living standards dependent on position location. Swing Education offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following perks:
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Stock options
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Co-working membership reimbursement
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.