TCGplayer promotes and drives growth of our products and services by connecting a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers in a $25B global collectible hobby market.
Customer Success is the process of ensuring customers achieve their goals through the use of our company’s tools and services. The Seller Growth and Success team is focused on retaining and growing customers by demonstrating the value of TCGplayer and the business opportunities it represents.
Who You Are
As a Customer Success Advocate, you will initiate and grow direct relationships with the owners and staff of assigned accounts and provide ongoing advice and coaching in order to identify growth opportunities for their business. This role requires the mindset of a coach: you will listen and understand the needs of each individual account and combine your industry and business knowledge with a deep understanding of the TCGplayer tools and services to provide custom advice and actionable, measurable plans to your accounts
The Impact You Will Make Here
- Serve as the primary point of contact for key accounts
- Increase the level of engagement and the sales volume generated from assigned sellers by building and creating individualize actionable plans to realize opportunities
- Proactively contact sellers to offer guidance and coaching on how to best leverage TCGplayer’s seller tools and services after assessing the key features of a seller’s existing business
- Aggregating seller feedback and technical issues to provide reports on trends and areas of opportunity
- Maintain expert level knowledge of core TCGplayer tools and services and understanding of appropriate use cases
- Using business development skills and an understanding of a retailer’s business to help them drive sales
- Sharing relevant hobby industry information and best practices with sellers
- Championing sellers’ needs with our Product, Development and Leadership teams
- Visiting local and regional stores to build relationships with current sellers
- Maintaining working knowledge of the current state of the hobby game industry
- Creating and analyze individual and cohort-level reports to understand customer performance and needs
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales or relevant field or equivalent experience in customer advocacy and service providing solutions based on customer needs
- Experience in Hubspot, Tableau, G Suite and Microsoft Office
- Comfort with both cold and warm calls for customer outreach
- A collaborative outlook and the mindset of a coach
- An understanding of sales and retention principles and an ability to deliver excellent customer experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build relationships
- A self-starter mentality with strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Comfort in an environment of rapid development and change
- Ability to assess business health status and identify moving trends with seller accounts based on data analysis
- Impactful personal skills, such as high emotional intelligence and being a good listener
You’ll Go Beyond If You Have
- Work experience in the hobby and/or gaming industries
- Domain expertise within the TCGplayer platform
- Data analysis experience
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Free therapy, counseling and mental health services in additional to medical plan
- Dental insurance
- 100% company paid employee vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid short term and long term disability
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with up to 4% match
- 100% company paid life insurance, additional coverage available
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tcgplayer.com.
Follow us on social media