Techstreet, an ASME business, is a trusted global provider of industry codes and standards, as well as management tools to help business, industry, government, and academic organizations achieve national and international compliance, global competitiveness, and speed to market. For 25 years Techstreet has been dedicated to serving those who invent, build, test and maintain practically everything on which the world depends.
About the Role
Our best-in-class Customer Care department is a wonderful, supportive team full of passion and comradery. Learning and growth come inherent with this role, providing a landscape for an exciting career opportunity in a global company. As part of our front line, the Customer Care position is vital to the continued growth of our organization, requiring exceptional customer service skills and the desire to be on a continual professional journey. Having a positive and friendly demeanor, great problem-solving skills, and both confidence and poise in all customer interactions, particularly via phone, are a must. Progression opportunities are available.
Based out of our Ann Arbor office, this key role is a work-from-home position with the possibility of occasional in-office requirements throughout the year. Eligible candidates must be located within the following states: Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia.
- Efficiently resolve and respond to customer needs via phone, email and chat in a professional, accurate, courteous and timely manner
- Analyze each scenario, ensuring that customer inquiries are handled correctly and follow all company and industry processes, procedures and best practices while assessing downstream impact to mitigate any recurring issues
- Apply active listening, decision-making and conflict management skills to ensure a positive customer experience
- Assume ownership of customer inquiries until resolution is provided to customer’s satisfaction
- Through Q & A and product knowledge, match customer needs with Techstreet products
- Assist in all product-related needs including, but not limited to, order processing, product assistance, account management order status, product access, billing and payment resolution. Provide technical support for managing digital rights software
- Be a great team-player with your customer service colleagues, our Sales and Account Management partners, and key internal stakeholders. Ensure each customer contact is handled in a manner consistent with our brand and values to maintain customer satisfaction and retention
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years minimum of customer service experience – preferably in a remote environment or call setting.
- Working knowledge of web-based applications and Microsoft 365 Suite; experience with Dynamics 365 CE a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skillswith a consistent, positive attitude and deep customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate with poise and confidence working through complex issues.
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Capable of working productively and effectively with minimal direction or supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven customer service skills including acting with urgency, being proactive, thinking like a customer, following up and following through, and never settling for delays or a less-than great experience.
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills as well as accurate typing/keyboarding.
- Ability to multi-task and meet departmental deadlines by using effective organization and planning expertise.
- Desire to remain in and grow an exciting career within a dynamic, innovative company.
The Job Description sets out the main areas of responsibility and tasks to be completed. However, duties and responsibilities may change according to business needs and personal development as agreed with your manager. Therefore, the description is neither an exhaustive nor comprehensive description of the job.
Techstreet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Techstreet, we nurture an inclusive environment, and we encourage, support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, or protected veteran, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy pertains to every aspect of an individual’s relationship with the organization, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training and development, promotion, programs, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.