Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company’s global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We’re also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including “Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Private Company”, “2022 Certified Great Place to Work” and Comparably’s 2022 “Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation” award.
Our team is looking for a Director of Enterprise Sales who has thrived in a start-up environment, is a builder by nature, is passionate about developing people, and values processes that drive efficiency while still empowering creativity. You will lead a team of high caliber Account Executives who are driven, collaborative, care deeply about our customers, and regularly illustrate ingenuity and hustle. The ideal candidate can scale an effective process, loves building teams, and excels at building trust among colleagues, customers, and prospects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Extreme Ownership: Own and exceed your teams’ sales targets.
- Process oriented: You make it easy for account executives to do the right thing by default. You instill sound pipeline generation practices, effectively leverage sales methodologies like MEDDPICC, and partner with sales ops and deal desk to continually streamline our processes.
- Coaching: You make a habit of listening to sales calls, providing guidance on strategy, and sharing feedback.
- Forecasting: Accurate forecasting if your lifeblood. You know the ins and outs of every strategic deal and have the ability to determine the risks associated with each one.
- Data-Driven: “Gut feel” is not going to cut it. You’re not afraid to dive into the numbers and confirm your intuitions with data.
- Radical Candor: You praise publicly and provide constructive, actionable feedback in private. You understand each team member’s goals and construct a realistic plan for them to succeed.
- Transparency: You do your best to involve your team in key decisions and lean towards over communicating.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of leading top-performing teams at a high-growth enterprise software company.
- 3+ years of experience of top-performance at a high-growth startup, ideally selling to a technical persona.
- Skilled in managing and coaching through the full sales cycle.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale processes that help teams exceed revenue targets.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing and growing environment.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.