At Tempo we’re on a mission to help teams build better, together. We are creators of top-selling Atlassian Marketplace apps, supporting more than 29,000 customers and working with hundreds of Solutions Partners globally. Our solutions help customers orchestrate creation and delivery, so their teams can focus and optimize around their highest priorities.
Our product suite has grown from our popular time-tracking solution, which launched in Iceland in 2009, to resource & capacity planning, project cost tracking, project & program management, and strategic roadmapping. In 2021, Tempo acquired Roadmunk, a roadmapping solution popular with product management teams, and ALM Works, creators of the Structure for Jira suite that delights project and program managers around the world.
We envision a world where everyone inside an organization works in harmony on the most impactful opportunities aligned with their mission. Come join us as we continuously innovate our award-winning products, create new solutions, and expand to new ecosystems. Are you ready to unlock the joy of building with us?
- Timely and accurate forecast process and business reporting
- Manage the monthly forecast process and ensure that the CFO and Executive budget owners understand key business trends and are aware of risks and opportunities to achieve annual targets
- Partner with internal customers to ensure the forecast is well informed and realistic.
- Partner with HR to align on staffing needs to support business and costs reflected in forecast
- Ensure that advance reporting and analysis for company KPIs align with industry standards and best practices for a SaaS company
- Provide insights on trends and recommendations of corrective action plans or opportunities to improve performance
- Create driver-based model for annual budget and forecast process
- Ensure revenue budget is driver based utilizing KPIs of the business and free from calculation errors
- Measure various sensitivities of key drivers
- Ensure cancellations and customer concessions are properly estimated
- Benchmark performance against Industry standards, and highlight key areas of opportunity and risk
- Successfully integrate acquired companies financial reporting and KPI dashboards
- Provide analytical and technical support to support cadence of an Operating performance review
- Timely and accurate responses to Ad Hoc requests
- Report GAAP, Management and Bank reporting
Role Specific Competencies
- Analytic/Critical Thinking
- Skillfully analyzes, assesses, and deconstructs information in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner, not automatically accepting the validity of information or assumptions.
- System & Technology Skills
- Ability to work with ERP systems, order entry systems, and MS office suite of tools. Receptive to training on new software and systems required to succeed in the role.
- Attention to Detail
- Consistently submits work that is free of errors or omissions. Exhibits pride in quality and detail of work.
- Proactive Learning & Development
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement, with particular emphasis on developmental areas that are job and/or organization-relevant
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Extensive relevant experience with data analytics and business intelligence in a software company required
- Analytical mind with extensive experience working with department managers to assist them in analyzing business trends
- Very comfortable with Excel and reporting tools
- Developed reporting structure for revenue and expenses
- Demonstrated experience successfully using data to support change in complex organizations
- Ability to drive multiple concurrent projects in a complex, deadline-driven environment
- Autonomous yet, able to work very well within a team context
- Strong communicator and influencer
What’s In It For You (Org-wide)
- Hybrid or Remote work!
- If you’re close to one of our 4 Hubs: Boston, Montreal, Reykjavik or Toronto; feel free to use the space and catch up with the local team(s)
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision and savings plan.
- Perks such as training reimbursement, WFH reimbursement, and more.
- Diverse and dynamic teams with challenging and exciting work.
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business.
- A great range of social activities (both in person and virtual).
- Optional in person meet-ups and the ability to travel to our international offices
- Employee referral program
- And so much more!!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only.
At Tempo Software, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive culture. As such all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.