Cannabis is the fastest growing industry in North America and will create more economic opportunities than most others in our lifetime. Terpene Belt Farms (TBF) is the leading global manufacturer of cannabis essential oil (cannabis terpenes) and is ground zero of a brand new global supply chain.
Through the 2018 Farm Bill, we can legally export the spirit of CA cannabis at scale, meeting one of the most urgent needs in the industry.
We’re looking for an entrepreneur, a storyteller, a salesperson and an aspiring business leader who’s looking for a career path with a fast-moving cannabis industry startup. This position is designed as an entry to junior level sales role, responsible for introducing us to new customers/markets, generating outbound sales leads, managing inbound marketing leads and securing new business meetings. You will work as a part of the company’s Sales Organization and alongside Sr. Sales mentors who will teach you the industry, the players and game.
What you will bring to the partnership:
- Tell and help shape the Terpene Belt Farms story
- Help us break into new markets (new geographies, customer types) and new industries outside of cannabis
- Identify challenges faced by the largest and most complex companies in a nascent industry
- Market research to uncover top prospects and create contact lists
- Active daily outbound business development efforts through a host of mediums: email, phone, social, events, etc.
- Manage and execute on a lead pipeline: Qualify inbound and outbound leads in order to generate new customer sales cycles each week that align with performance goals and compensation plan
- Help create the performance standard for new business generation
- Act and think like a market expert in an rapidly evolving marketplace (not a product pusher)
- Creatively think about how TBF can and will improve our own sales process including new ways to articulate and market tangible value to clients
What we will bring to the partnership:
- Securing entry into an fast-growing startup with opportunities for growth
- Industry training and mentorship: Learning the cannabis industry from subject matter experts and market leaders
- Commercial training and mentorship: Learning sales and marketing from subject matter experts and startup veterans
- The chance to help us build the Sales Organization and GoToMarket platform
- Sales and Marketing resources: tools, systems, process and structure and that will be ever-learning and evolving
1-3 years professional sales experience
- You like talking to people, and more importantly, listening to them. You are curious and always want to know ‘why’.
- You have some sales experience, you may have some knowledge of the cannabis industry. Nonetheless, you have traits that can’t be taught: You’re genuine, have integrity, are competitive and enjoy being around bright people. You’re not always the center of attention, but can be.
- Confidence with a healthy dose of humility: Challenge my ideas, but make me like you when you’re doing it
- You want to impact a quickly expanding market and an even faster growing company
- You’re not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- You are a coachable and detail-oriented individual
- Someone who likes thinking through their questions to arrive at an answer instead of being told information
- Curiosity, the ‘George’ kind, not the ‘kill that cat’ kind
- 2+ years of outside sales experience.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to travel in order to do business.
- Ability to take a data driven approach to sales in order to boost quantity and quality.
- Ability to learn new responsibilities and grow into a larger management role.
- Creative quick thinking to serve as a problem solver with a positive outlook.
- Team player, though also independent and self motivated.
- Performance driven to exceed sales goals.
- Experience with Sales CRM: Hubspot (preferred), Salesforce, etc.
- Experience with Sales sourcing and lead generation tools (or similar): LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Vidyard, Calendly, Gong.io
- Experience with Sales cadence management tools is a plus: Outreach.io, Salesloft