At TestBox, we’re building a platform that helps make it easier to buy software for both buyers and sellers. We help buyers choose software confidently and help sellers win faster, easier, and more often.
TestBox is the most advanced solution on the market to stop companies facing problems like blank trials that don’t convert, demos that break or aren’t personalized, or being too stretched thin on building and maintaining Proof of Concepts.
Sellers can give the perfect buying experience every time.
In your Founding Sales role, you will work directly with the CEO/Founder (Sam) to build our sales process from the ground up. You’ll play a pivotal role in sourcing and closing mid-market/enterprise deals, shaping our sales, product, and marketing strategy, and helping our customers transform their software buying process.
Traction and backing
We’re six months into selling TestBox as a vendor solution. Fortunate to call leading companies like Zendesk, Catalyst, CallRail, Syncari, and Alyce customers of ours. We’re aggressively building our inbound motion and you’ll be supported by a top notch outbound BDR. We’ve raised ~$13M to date led by Felicis, SignalFire, and firstminute with participation from GTMFund and a world-class group of angels. We’re the only platform that can do what we do and this market is just starting to take off.
Why it’s the perfect time to join
- We’re less than 20 people. You will get immense autonomy and there is a huge amount of room to shape the entire future of the company and a new market. You’ll be working with our CEO every day.
- We great customers.Our customers love what we do because we have an outsized impact on their outcomes. You’ll get to build something that people really need.
- You’ll lead the way. You’ll be the person new hires want to replicate because of your success creating wins.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sam to develop and implement a sales strategy for TestBox
- In collaboration with Sam and the Marketing team, build your own unique inbound and outbound motions to create demand and close mid-market and enterprise deals
- Own the end-to-end sales process for your customers, from initial contact to close and expansion opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in target accounts
- In collaboration with Customer Success, define success criteria and ensure a smooth onboarding experience for new customers
- Track and report on sales activities, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Collaborate with our Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to relay customer feedback and help shape our roadmap
- Be awesome: teach us your ways, learn new things, add to our culture, tell the founders they’re wrong… you get the idea!
You’re a great fit for the role if you:
- Most importantly: are curious, approach problems with creative solutions, work collaboratively, make it happen despite roadblocks, are a kind human, and want to grow
- Consistently hit or exceed your quota and other sales people look to you as the model to aspire towards
- Are comfortable and excited about building your own outbound motion
- Have found success selling in a startup environment in an emerging software category
- Can take a strategic account approach to deal with a solution selling mindset and navigate a buyers organization to find the right buyer for TestBox
- Have experience selling to both mid-market and enterprise customers
- Have the ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical buyers
- Are comfortable selling technical products or have a background in a technical sales role like a Solutions Engineer
- Are comfortable owning the sales process end-to-end including negotiation and signature
- Able to work autonomously and own your own success
Our initial ideas on a 90-day plan (eager to see what you’d change):
- Product Familiarization: Thoroughly understand the technical aspects and value proposition of TestBox
- Market Orientation: Research and understand the target market, buyer personas, and competitors
- Shadow deals: Join Sam on open deals to learn our current approach and start to provide feedback on ways to improve
- Build Internal Relationships: Begin to build relationships with internal teams, especially Product, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Test your Pitch: Test yourself with pitching TestBox to internal and external friendly parties
- Start initial outreach: Make the first calls and outreach to potential leads
- Early Sales Calls and Demos: Take more than 30% of sales calls solo
- Generate your Own Leads: Build and execute on your own outreach strategy
- Sales Process Improvement: Identify areas for optimization in the sales process and work with Sam to implement changes
- Product Feedback: Provide proactive input into Product roadmap based on customer insights
- Work autonomously: Take majority of sales calls solo, with Sam playing a Solutions Engineering role as needed
- Initial closed deals: Close the first deal(s) you were actively involved on
- Thought Leadership: Begin to establish yourself as a thought leader in the space on LinkedIn, podcasts, TestBox blogs or participating in relevant webinars and events
- Refinement: Continue to refine your pitch, outbound process, and product feedback
If you don’t have the exact experience for this position but are close, please apply! We’re not looking for people to “fit” our company, but rather add to and enhance our company through different perspectives, viewpoints, and backgrounds. If you should require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We are putting DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) at the forefront of TestBox’s ethos and want you to play a major part; we have a formal DEIB advisor for the team and one of our board members acts as our DEIB advisor
- We actively created a large Employee Stock Options Poolso we can reward our amazing founding team members
- Career developmentis a top priority and we will work with you from day 1 to hype your achievements and help you grow to the potential you want. We hire for trajectory, not past performance
- Mental health services contributionto cover/contribute to co-pay costs (both of our cofounders, Sam and Peter, are big weekly therapy advocates)
- 12 weeks paid parental leavewith an option to do part-time return to work
- Pre-tax FSA, medical (incl. additional out of state coverage), dental, and vision coverage (because we all deserve to not worry about our healthcare)
- Annual fitness reimbursement
- Learning budget(there’s always something we should collectively know more about)
- Unlimited PTO (with a minimum 15 days per year – none of this no vacation business, our CEO Sam typically takes 20-25 days a year)
- Work from Home remote set-up allowance
- We think there are many more reasons beyond this list and really hope you’re as excited to apply as we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Diversity Commitment: We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.