We are looking for an outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR) based anywhere in New Zealand!
You have at least one year of experience prospecting via email and phone, preferably with a tech company. You are quick with modern sales technology, organized and value efficiency.
Thematic is a SaaS platform for customer feedback analysis, powered by the latest Artificial Intelligence algorithms. Our goal is to empower companies to get clear and accurate insights from customer feedback in a fast and effortless way. We work with the likes of Google, LinkedIn, Atlassian and Doordash (just to name a few). Our users are researchers, analysts and product operations people. By getting a faster understanding of customer needs, our customers improve their customer metrics, and grow faster.
We are looking for our first dedicated Sales Development specialist who can help us let more people know about our great product in a way that’s engaging and not intrusive.
We’ve been around since 2017 and are a fully remote team of 20+. Our R&D happens in New Zealand, our sales focus has been mainly in the US. We use modern tools like Slack and Zoom for communication and collaboration. We strive to minimize meetings, but also dedicate time to build a diverse and inclusive company culture. We are well funded (YCombinator, AirTree) and profitable.
About this role
At Thematic, we’ve been doing outbound sales for several years. We know what works and what doesn’t. A dedicated SDR will focus on executing our outbound playbook, running new experiments and reporting back to the team. The ideal outcome is a growing pipeline of sales opportunities that convert. This includes:
- Creating and managing lists of people we need to reach out to. This includes working with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Google Sheets, as well as monitoring our web visitors and people who download useful resources on our website
- Using modern sales technology to create and maintain outbound sales campaigns, and monitoring their performance.
- Iterate on campaigns to optimize open and response rates, and ultimately the value of opportunities created through this channel.
- Maintaining our CRM with detailed notes, making sure all data is valid and clean.
You will report to the Head of Sales and will collaborate closely with marketing to ensure we always deliver value to prospects and customers.
What we are looking for
- You have at least one year of Sales Development experience at a tech company
- Your application for this role demonstrates your excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- You know the foundations of sales
- You understand the value of data
- You are tech-savvy and know how to get the most out of modern sales tools
- Your CRM entries are complete, current and detailed
- You understand key steps in outbound sales process
- You are ambitious, driven and resilient
- You are a team player and not afraid to ask for help
What will help you succeed but is not a must
- You have worked in research, CX, insights or product management
- You have worked in SaaS
- You have worked in a small team
- You are a good presenter
- You are not afraid to pick up the phone and have been trained how to sell over the phone
We know someone like you is in demand right now, so why should you choose to work with us? Well, we take care of our team!
- You’ll have a base salary of $60,000 per year (negotiable, and depends on level of experience), plus bonus and employee stock options.
- Your bonus will be up to $20,000 will be determined based on hitting quarterly targets set with your manager
- You’ll enjoy flexible working hours. Work late, work early, it’s up to you how to plan your week
- You can work remotely from anywhere in the world during 1-2 months a year
- You’ll work remotely in comfort. We’ll pay $400 per month towards a private or a shared office space (tax free)
- You’ll gain exposure to some of the world’s top tech brands, and be the one to build relationships with them!
- You will be a part of a smart and high performing team that makes sure to have fun as well as work hard
- We organize regular team activities, as well as a weekly Friday sessions where we bond as a team and learn about topics like “mushroom growing”, “work while leaving in a camper van” or “growing up behind the Iron Curtain”, or play a fun game
- You’ll bond with the team in the annual team retreat. We’ve taken our entire team to Hawaii and the best parts of New Zealand in the past!
If any of the above resonates with you, we want to hear from you!