Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you have a passion for building and executing email marketing strategies, with the goal of driving customer engagement, conversion and retention? We’re looking for a Senior Email Marketing Manager to join us at Thinkific!
As the Senior Email Marketing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in developing and executing our email as a channel. You will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end of marketing’s email and lifecycle programs and campaigns, managing the Email and Lifecycle Marketing team, and driving customer engagement and retention through impactful and personalized email communications. Reporting to the Director, Product and Lifecycle Marketing, you will collaborate closely with cross-departmental team members to deliver measurable results.
Your goal will be to lead the email marketing channel and be accountable for it’s revenue contribution.
Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Plan, create, and optimize email programs across various customer segments, ensuring timely and relevant content delivery
- Create an email center of excellence: Advise marketers (both internal and Thinkific customers) globally on campaign strategies and tactics most likely to generate the intended outcomes while providing memorable user experiences
- Partner with the Marketing leadership and Analytics team to set and measure against targets for the email marketing channel and to develop performance insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Marketing, Creative, and Product teams to align email programs and campaigns with marketing initiatives and product launches.
- You’ll also partner with the Design and Content teams to develop and maintain an email design system, templates and components, and email best practices
- Drive email governance to ensure every email from Thinkific is relevant and compelling
- Utilize marketing automation tools and CRM systems to segment and personalize email communications based on customer behavior, preferences, and demographics
- Monitor and analyze key email marketing metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and ROI, to identify areas for improvement and drive continuous optimization.
- Conduct thorough market research and competitor analysis to stay updated on industry trends and best practices in email marketing.
- Ensure compliance with email marketing best practices, GDPR, CASL and CAN-SPAM regulations, and data privacy laws
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 7+ years of experience in a marketing role with a focus on email marketing, including experience in the technology industry
- Has 3+ years of experience writing email marketing briefs and analyzing and taking action on the performance of email marketing campaigns
- Possesses strong knowledge of email marketing best practices, segmentation, A/B testing, and campaign analysis, IP reputation
- Is proficient in marketing automation platforms (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, HubSpot),CRM systems and has a familiarity with HTML/CSS and email marketing tools
- Holds strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Has a results-oriented mindset with a focus on using data insights to drive measurable outcomes
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, with experience in managing and mentoring a team
- Possesses the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business needs
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!
To apply for this job please visit www.thinkific.com.