Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box. Our team members believe that partnership lightens the load. Not everyone can be an expert at everything – lending each other support in areas of weakness strengthens everyone’s offering. We collaborate openly and enthusiastically, without ego.
What We Do
At Thoropass, we’re compliance experts, so you don’t have to be. Pairing easy software that’s always getting smarter with expert guidance and continuous monitoring, we integrate into your process to prepare you to pass any audit every year with flying colors. Hundreds of growing companies use Thoropass’s compliance automation platform, expert services, auditors, and partner ecosystem to get and stay compliant over the lifetime of their business. We offer SOC 2, ISO 27001, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and other InfoSec and privacy frameworks.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We’re growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2024 and beyond.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join Thoropass and our fast-growing sales team.
- Does being a critical player on an early sales team excite you?
- Are you motivated to push our sales efforts to the next level?
- Are you excited to combine your sales expertise with your aspirations and creativity to help us build out and scale our sales playbooks and sales team?
- Do you have a strong desire to win that pushes you to put in the effort, do the little things, and motivate those around you?
If so, let’s talk.
As a member of our sales team, you will help chart the course forward. Your sales calls will be legendary for those that follow in your footsteps. Your closing skills and out-of-the-box thinking will push marketing to pump out great content modeled on you. You will be an inspiration to the sales development team and a trusted consultant to prospects.
You will work with other awesome tech startups, selling to founders and management teams of early- and growth-stage companies. You will help fast-growing companies build a rock-solid security and compliance foundation to scale growth. One example value prop – streamlining tough procurement processes. You’ve probably experienced the pain of long sales cycles with enterprise buyers and security reviews. We help our customers speed through those processes with a best-in-class compliance program and automation tools. Ultimately, you will help fast-growing companies make security & compliance a critical part of their business and differentiation strategy.
Essential day-to-day activities include:
- Closing five-figure deals in a 3-week to 3-month sales cycle
- Managing a pipeline of prospects from sales development rep efforts, several inbound channels, and your proactive prospecting efforts
- Teaming up with the sales development team to help develop their sales skills
- Working closely with marketing and sales operations to identify new content, messaging, potential channels, and sales enablement tools
- Refining and developing sales processes that can be scaled as we grow
- You will play a vital role in growing our revenue and building systems and processes to exponentially scale based on your example.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a talented and hungry sales professional committed to winning and eager to roll up their sleeves to build a great company. As one of the early sales hires, we’re looking for a curious, self-starter with passion, grit, and a strong bias towards action. This is someone who is flexible and excited by an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment.
The ideal candidate has 2-6 years of experience either in:
- B2B sales, prospecting and closing new business in SMB and/or Enterprise markets; or
- InfoSec or compliance consulting at a top firm looking to get into B2B sales
- Proven track record of success, ideally selling into tech startups
- Capable of selling to CXO’s and technical teams
- Creative thinker, innovative and resourceful in both your ideas and methods, possessing a get-it-done mentality, unafraid to take risks
- Intellectually curious, self-starter and fast learner that can understand complex technical issues
- Obsessive about delivering results, winning and over-achieving
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail and experience managing a pipeline and tracking sales activities in a CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with SaaS sales tools (e.g., Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.) and techniques (e.g., MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Value-based Selling, Sandler, etc.)
- English fluency
Really nice to have:
- Experience in compliance or information security
- Experience at a Series A or B SaaS company
- Experience in international (pan European) selling
- Experienced in partner-based selling
- Multi-language (ideally German)
Compensation & Perks:
- The on-target earnings for this position are between £120,000 – £150,000
- £60,000 – £75,000 base salary + an uncapped variable
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- 25 vacation days
- Home office equipment stipend
- Monthly wellness and wifi stipend
This is a remote role. The ideal candidate should be based in London.
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.