Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box. Our team members believe that partnership lightens the load. Not everyone can be an expert at everything – lending each other support in areas of weakness strengthens everyone’s offering. We collaborate openly and enthusiastically; without ego.
What We Do
At Thoropass, we’re compliance experts, so you don’t have to be. Pairing easy software that’s always getting smarter with expert guidance and continuous monitoring, we integrate into your process to prepare you to pass any audit every year with flying colors. Hundreds of growing companies use Thoropass’s compliance automation platform, expert services, auditors, and partner ecosystem to get and stay compliant over the lifetime of their business.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We’re growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Job
We are looking for a Manager, Customer Success to grow and guide a team of Customer Success Managers who work with other awesome tech startups by engaging with their founders and leadership teams to help these businesses obtain security compliance through key frameworks. In this role, you will bring your leadership experience to help scale processes and team while working to hit business objectives. You will motivate your team, coach them, and assess performance, in addition to being a key player in the hiring process and training.
Our Manager, Customer Success must be social and methodical, with an aptitude for learning and using new software while communicating clearly and effectively. The ideal Manager blends their desire to grow and develop a team with growing and developing their team’s customer base.
- Manage a team of CSMs by providing guidance, mentorship, and consistent feedback. Drive consistent improvement by setting targets, noting trends, and coaching based on personal needs.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity by using analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills to propose alternate solutions. Problem-solve issues in real-time, pivoting based on business and customer needs. Maintain a pulse on the needs of both the customer and the team to inform ongoing learning opportunities and knowledge gaps.
- Provide feedback, and propose solutions (with a plan to roll out) to the leadership team on current processes in place on things that are working/not working well.
- Evaluate customer data to identify and propose new ideas and processes to prevent issues and increase product adoption.
Key Skillsets / Knowledge Requirements
- 1-2 years of experience in a leadership role overseeing expansion quotas
- 3-6 years of experience in a senior level customer facing & expansion role
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Passion for growing and developing team member’s careers
- High computer literacy and ability to learn new software
Educational Requirements and Career Experience
- Associates Degree or Relevant Experience
- Experience in a SaaS startup preferred
- The salary range for this position is $130,000 – $135,000, which will be commensurate with experience; plus a 20% bonus
- Immediate access to health, vision, and dental care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work-from-home model
- Unlimited PTO
- Stipend for home office equipment
- Monthly wellness and home wifi stipend
- Dog-friendly office
- Pet insurance
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.