Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box. Our team members believe that partnership lightens the load. Not everyone can be an expert at everything – lending each other support in areas of weakness strengthens everyone’s offering. We collaborate openly and enthusiastically, without ego. Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box.
What We Do
At Thoropass, we’re compliance experts, so you don’t have to be. Pairing easy software that’s always getting smarter with expert guidance and continuous monitoring, we integrate into your process to prepare you to pass any audit every year with flying colors. Hundreds of growing companies use Thoropass’s compliance automation platform, expert services, auditors, and partner ecosystem to get and stay compliant over the lifetime of their business.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We’re growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Job
As a Sales Manager, you will lead, coach, and develop a team of talented Account Executives. You will have ownership and autonomy over hiring, training, managing, coaching, and driving this team to exceed goals.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Sales and working closely with Sales Ops, SDRs, and AEs, you will play a key role in shaping and implementing our sales strategy to drive exponential growth. While this is a fast-paced environment, and you’ll be constantly challenged, you will be supported by engaged teammates who are invested in your future success.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and train your sales team to become strong individual contributors
- Coach, mentor, and motivate a high-performing sales team
- Provide training and constructive feedback to team members consistently
- Assist the sales team with client meetings, presentations, and negotiations
- Use sales training techniques & methodologies to upskill and enhance performance
- Provide reps with the tools, strategies, and frameworks to achieve sales targets
- Identify personal motivators for team members and build trust
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity, authenticity, and honesty
- Uphold company values and embrace team culture
- Help set sales goals and manage team productivity, and funnel of opportunities to achieve and exceed agreed-upon metrics and KPIs
- Conduct weekly forecast reviews and accurately forecast pipeline
- Assess and suggest ongoing process improvements and implementation of systems to make the team more efficient
- Act as a liaison for our customers and provide feedback to the business and product owners
- Continually stay abreast of key industry developments in marketing, design, and technology
- You are a results-oriented, empathetic leader, driven to help your team and the company exceed goals.
- You are able to synthesize complex information and provide insights to your team and to leadership for strategic decision-making.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable explaining complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- You have strong, active listening skills, are deeply curious, and believe in a consultative, value-based sales approach.
- 2+ years as a full-cycle Account Executive, with a demonstrated record of quota over-attainment.
- 2+ years managing an inbound/outbound Sales Team, with a demonstrated record exceeding goals.
- Previous experience working at a B2B SaaS Startup.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train, develop, and retain top sales talent.
- Deep understanding of and ability to train/coach on full-cycle sales skills (cold calling, qualification, discovery, demos, negotiation, uncovering hidden objections, closing, etc.).
- Preferred experience selling information security or compliance solutions to technical and compliance personas
- The compensation range for this position is $125,000 -$150,000 base with a $60,000 – $75,000 variable comp
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid on-site model (coming into our NYC office a few days a week)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment stipend
- Monthly wellness and wifi stipend
- Pet insurance
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.