Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box. Our team members believe that partnership lightens the load. Not everyone can be an expert at everything – lending each other support in areas of weakness strengthens everyone’s offering. We collaborate openly and enthusiastically; without ego.
What We Do
At Thoropass, we’re compliance experts, so you don’t have to be. Pairing easy software that’s always getting smarter with expert guidance and continuous monitoring, we integrate into your process to prepare you to pass any audit, every year, with flying colors. Hundreds of growing companies use Thoropass’s compliance automation platform, expert services, auditors, and partner ecosystem to get and stay compliant over the lifetime of their business.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We’re growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Role
We are looking for a Vice President of Marketing to help Thoropass lead and scale a world-class Marketing team, responsible for the overall marketing strategy & execution, including demand generation, product marketing, developing our brand presence, and growing the foundation of our business. This is an essential role at a formative time in Thoropass’s evolution – the VP of Marketing will drive growth by creating a recognized, industry-leading brand for many years to come. Through your work in content creation, brand development, performance marketing, and paid search, you will help make Thoropass a revenue growth machine that our customers love and trust.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and scale Thoropass into a world-class brand and a must-have tool for every company
- Lead development of the overall marketing strategy: value proposition, messaging, segmentation, channel mix, market analysis, competitive intelligence & differentiation, creative asset development, etc
- Scale our marketing team with the talent needed to achieve our long-term goals
- Establish priorities for the team and ensure alignment with overall company goals, provide regular coaching/feedback, and proactively support the career development of each person on the marketing team
- Work in partnership with our Sales, Partnerships, and Product teams to iterate on and develop our go-to-market strategy
- Define and drive our marketing team’s KPIs and accurately measure performance to ensure programs are goal-oriented and metrics-driven
- Consistently optimize conversion through the marketing funnel and establish the effectiveness of demand gen investments on pipeline and KPIs
- You are a seasoned yet nimble marketing leader with a proven ability to build and execute scalable processes and systems at an early-stage, high-growth company.
- You are a demand generation expert with knowledge and experience leveraging the modern marketing tech stack and channels to drive both paid and organic leads.
- You are data-driven, able to understand and interpret data and use insights to optimize performance and inform future actions.
- You have an immense passion for creating & scaling a company.
- You have analytical rigor and a hypothesis-driven approach to making marketing strategy decisions while designing and improving critical processes.
- 8-10+ years of marketing leadership experience with fast-growing, early to mid-stage B2B SaaS or data companies
- Previously defined a company’s marketing strategy and executed it to drive growth successfully
- Proven track record of exceeding marketing revenue goals and KPIs
- Understands the complex needs of our clients and is customer-centric
- Committed leader with a track record of building great teams
- Ability to develop recommendations grounded in data, best practices research, and personal expertise
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization
- The salary range for this position is $220,000 – $275,000 base salary plus bonus, commensurate with experience
- Immediate access to health, vision, and dental care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work-from-home model
- Unlimited PTO
- Stipend for home office equipment
- Monthly wellness and home wifi stipend
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.