What we’re building
At Tidelift, we are making open source work better for everyone by helping organizations effectively manage the open source behind modern applications while ensuring open source maintainers get paid for the incredible value they create. We are creating a mutually beneficial commercial model for open source where both creators and enterprise users get what they need, and the world gets even more healthy and secure software that improves our lives.
We’re well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping expand the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
Find out more about us on tidelift.com, listen to this recent podcast interview with our CEO Donald Fischer, or read about us in Wired or Business Insider.
We are seeking a highly skilled and hands-on leader to manage our customer facing teams (Customer Success, Support, and Solutions Architecture) reporting to our CTO. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of our customers, as measured by their satisfaction and adoption and utilization of our product. In addition, you will be responsible for the performance, engagement, and alignment of members of your team in their day to day work and career growth at Tidelift.
- Managing the employee performance, career growth, engagement, and day-to-day work of individuals in the customer success, support, and solutions architecture functions
- Developing and implementing customer success strategies and discovery practices to drive customer satisfaction, retention, and expansion
- Collaborating with our sales and product teams to ensure alignment across the whole customer lifecycle
- Identifying opportunities to enhance process and methodologies as we grow and scale the company
- Owning hiring and development of the team as needed to meet the needs of the company as we grow
- Demonstrable experience building an inclusive and results-oriented culture for remote team members
- Demonstrable experience applying management skills such as feedback, career coaching, and meeting facilitation effectively in a remote or distributed setting
- Experience effectively managing a team customer facing individuals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with enterprise SaaS software and the sales and support process for enterprise SaaS customers
- Familiarity with developer practices and build pipelines
- $180,000 per year base salary
- Opportunity to earn up to $35,000 per year in variable compensation
- Generous stock option grant
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic:We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical:We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture-add over culture-fit.
- Inclusive:We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
To find out more about how we live these in practice, we’ve written more about living our values “inside and out”.
Working at Tidelift
We are (and have been) remote-first from day 1. In this role you would have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We get together in person 2-4 times a year, so ability to travel is required. We’ve written more about how we do remote work here, here, and here.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours are flexible when necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits and career
Tidelift’s approach to compensation is designed to ensure that we are staying true to our core values of being optimistic, additive, inclusive, and practical. We do this by:
- Rewarding tenure: We are optimists, believing that each of us is bringing our best to work each day. In this spirit, we provide predetermined raises of at least 3% each year based on the belief that you are working hard and learning more about Tidelift and your role, making yourself more valuable to the company every day. Each year we will refresh our model for rewarding tenure with new market data, and share an updated compensation trajectory with you.
- Holding firmly to a no-negotiation policy: In the spirit of our values to be inclusive and additive, we believe employees hired to perform the same role should receive the same compensation, regardless of location, negotiation prowess, prior salary, or years of experience prior to joining Tidelift. All Tidelift offers have compensation packages that are determined prior to the start of recruitment. This, along with a structured interview process, is intended to mitigate the effects of both shifting criteria biasand the ask gap on wages within Tidelift, and is an essential element of our equity, diversity, and inclusion strategy.
- Sharing our process transparently.You and your colleagues are doing important work, and we want to compensate you fairly in return. We transparently document how we approach compensation at Tidelift, including our methodology for calculating initial offers, raises, and promotions, so that you know exactly what you can expect from us over your career here.
In addition to cash and equity compensation, Tidelift offers medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as the ability to contribute pre-tax dollars to flexible spending and retirement (401k) accounts. As a remote-first company, we offer a variety of remote work stipends to cover expenses such as co-working spaces, internet, and phone connections. Finally, all employees have access to generous vacation and gender-neutral parental leave policies as well as the ability to reimburse up to $5k annually for their own professional development.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We’d love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. We’ll get back to you promptly!