Tides is a nonprofit and philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing social justice. We leverage our vast network of partners who work towards a shared purpose — to shift power to communities that face systemic barriers. Centering equity and justice in everything we do, we collaborate in deep partnership with movement leaders, nonprofits, foundations, corporations, and donors to amplify the impact of their work. We support the agency and leadership of communities of color by providing services and solutions like fiscal sponsorship, donor advised funds, capacity building, grantmaking, impact investing, and a variety of innovative solutions. Learn about our transformative services and how to partner with us at tides.org.
- Design and drive a multi-channel digital strategy to position Tides as an equity-focused leader in the social sector with clear goals and actionable key performance indicators
- Own audience development plans to grow channels and deepen engagement among key audience segments using paid, earned, and owned media strategies
- Build a roster of external vendors and act as principal liaison to negotiate contracts and ensure delivery of assets
- Review and approve all final copy deliverables, ensuring brand consistency and best practices per platform
- Create systems for data-driven decision making, including regular reporting on audience insights, growth and engagement, and traffic trends
- Manage digital campaigns effectively by establishing clear owners, timelines, budgets, and key performance indicators
- Create scalable quality assurance, optimization, and project management process as owner of our CRM to ensure digital campaigns are delivered on time and within budget
- Work closely with external communications team to develop sustainable systems and processes for responding to the news cycle
- Consistently identify opportunities for digital innovation to achieve department goals and brand elevation
- Serve as a guide, mentor, and manager to digital team colleagues to develop their skill set over time
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background building multi-channel digital campaigns from start to finish with clear indicators of success
- Strong understanding of best practices for digital marketing, including audience segmentation, customer journeys, SEO, and A/B testing
- In-depth knowledge of digital tools, including CRMs, CMSs, and Google Analytics
- A track record of designing, launching, and optimizing digital campaigns to increase brand affinity and engagement
- Hands-on experience managing paid and owned media experts effectively to reach campaign goals on time and within budget
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated experience building systems for quality assurance, feedback loops, and optimization
- The ability to communicate clearly with non-technical teammates about how digital tactics should shift based on analytics
- Experience crafting effective copywriting that exemplifies a brand’s voice and drives users to action
- A proactive approach for mentoring and developing digital talent over time
- Deep commitment to justice, equity, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Dedication to our mission to to shift power to communities that face systemic barriers
- Exposure to Salesforce preferred, but not required
- Passion for working in an entrepreneurial workplace, with experience working in a B2B context helpful, but not required
Our digital stack includes:
- Canto (DAM)
Location: Fully remote, located in the United States
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Social Media Manager
- Senior Digital Strategist
Salary: This is a full-time exempt position.
Salary range based on geo-differentials, most commonly positioned at the midpoint for a given market:
- $154,600 – $231,800 = High market
- $140,500 – $210,700 = Moderate market
- $128,800 – $193,200 = National market
Tides is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. The starting salary for this role is based on geographic location, years of experience, and ensuring pay equity within the organization. The recruiting team is committed to sharing more details regarding compensation based on the candidate’s experience and location during the interview process. Tides offers a generous benefits package including: comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, life and disability insurances, retirement plan, educational assistance, confidential counseling and life balance resources designed to support the passion, commitment and energy that is vital to our team members.
Important Information: Any Tides Network employee who wishes to use the office or travel to the office must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and boosted. You are required to submit proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department at least 2 days before your first visit to the office. Employees who do not have vaccination information on file will not be permitted in the building.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Non Bargaining Unit – Manager
Application deadline: July 12, 2023
How to Apply
Click the “Apply for this position” link below and submit a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.