Tides is a nonprofit and philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing social justice. We leverage our vast network of partners who work towards a shared purpose — to shift power to communities that face systemic barriers. Centering equity and justice in everything we do, we collaborate in deep partnership with movement leaders, nonprofits, foundations, corporations, and donors to amplify the impact of their work. We support the agency and leadership of communities of color by providing services and solutions like fiscal sponsorship, donor advised funds, capacity building, grantmaking, impact investing, and a variety of innovative solutions. Learn about our transformative services and how to partner with us at tides.org.
- Run a high-performing multi-channel social strategy to position Tides as an equity-focused leader in the social sector
- Manage an engaging editorial calendar that helps to establish a memorable brand voice
- Consistently monitor key performance indicators to make recommendations to optimize our social strategy
- Be an effective community manager by engaging with audiences on various social platforms
- Drive audience development plans to grow channels and deepen engagement among key audience segments using paid and owned media strategies
- Build an influencer marketing strategy that establishes Tides’ thought leadership, using our network of grantees, donor, corporations, and celebrities
- Draft compelling social copy and imagery, ensuring brand consistency and best practices per platform
- Work closely with the creative team to build eye-catching templates and digestible pieces of content
- Provide advice on how to layer email marketing, SEO, paid and earned media tactics with our social media strategy
- Adopt systems that ensure consistent quality assurance and optimization across social platforms
- Monitor social listening tools daily to identify rapid response opportunities that can drive engagement
- Consistently identify strategic opportunities for new types of social content, platforms, and communities to achieve department goals and brand elevation
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background managing large-scale, public-facing social media accounts with clear indicators of success
- Strong understanding of best practices for social media by platform, including audience segmentation, content testing, and mobile-first content development
- A track record of designing, launching, and optimizing social media campaigns to increase brand affinity and engagement
- Creative storytelling skills, with experience crafting effective social content that exemplifies a brand’s voice and drives users to engage
- Experience producing compelling, mobile-first visual content
- An understanding of how email marketing, SEO, paid and earned media can complement a social media strategy
- Hands-on experience overseeing or placing ad buys and measuring effectiveness
- Familiarity with social listening and/or media monitoring tools
- The ability to communicate clearly with non-technical teammates about how digital tactics should shift based on data
- Deep commitment to justice, equity, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Dedication to our mission to to shift power to communities that face systemic barriers
- Influencer marketing experience helpful, but not required
Our digital stack includes:
Location: Fully remote, located in the United States
Reports to: Digital Director
Salary: This is a full-time exempt position.
Salary range based on geo-differentials, most commonly positioned at the midpoint for a given market:
- $96,500 – $144,700 = High market
- $87,800 – $131,600 = Moderate market
- $80,500 – $120,700 = National market
Tides is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. The starting salary for this role is based on geographic location, years of experience, and ensuring pay equity within the organization. The recruiting team is committed to sharing more details regarding compensation based on the candidate’s experience and location during the interview process. Tides offers a generous benefits package including: comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, life and disability insurances, retirement plan, educational assistance, confidential counseling and life balance resources designed to support the passion, commitment and energy that is vital to our team members.
Important Information: Any Tides Network employee who wishes to use the office or travel to the office must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and boosted. You are required to submit proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department at least 2 days before your first visit to the office. Employees who do not have vaccination information on file will not be permitted in the building.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Bargaining Unit
Application deadline: July 19, 2023
How to Apply
Click the “Apply for this position” link below and submit a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.