Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Director of Revenue Operations at Toptal, you are responsible for a broad range of areas that support both the Enterprise and SMB businesses, including Sales Intelligence and Reporting, the Toptal Salesforce instance, joint projects between the Revenue and Product Teams, and management of the Revenue Tech Stack. You will have the opportunity to build an agile operations team capable of supporting a hyper-growth organization.
This role is perfect for someone who is energized by a fast-paced, high-growth environment, is highly analytical, and is adept at using data to prove/disprove hypotheses and to surface opportunities for improvement. Day to day, you’ll work closely with the Revenue Senior Leadership Team, SMB Operations, Enterprise Operations, and cross-functional business partners. While doing so, you should be comfortable navigating ambiguity to arrive at a positive outcome while remaining agile in your operating approach. Being comfortable making swift progress, rather than holding out for perfection, will be one of the keys to your success in this role and to drive transformational change in the business.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about operational systems, and knows how to build high-performing infrastructure to support a hyper-growth organization. Major responsibilities will include:
Sales Intelligence: You and your team will support the entire Revenue organization by leading sales reporting for both the SMB and ENT Organizations. In partnership with our COE (Business Analytics Team), you will ensure our Revenue Leadership have the dashboards, data, and insights they need to run their businesses day-to-day. You will bring your experience with BI Tools to the table and mentor various team members in this area.
Salesforce Instance: You will own the management and administration of the Toptal Salesforce Instance, balancing between the business’s current and future needs. You will partner with our Revenue leadership team to analyze results and surface improvement opportunities for the business.
Revenue <> Product Portfolio: You have worked with Product Managers and Product Owners to execute high-value projects. As the Director of Revenue Operations at Toptal, you will partner closely with our in-house Product Team to scope and build business requirements for key Product projects that support the operations and growth of the Sales Teams.
Revenue Tech Stack: Utilizing your background in infrastructure, you will manage and develop the Revenue Tech Stack, leading systems management, administration, and user provisioning. You will support the Revenue Enablement Team in their work.
The ideal candidate is highly driven, analytical, organized, and collaborative, and has a strong track record of partnering with multiple business stakeholders to achieve revenue goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the Revenue team’s OKRs, initiatives, projects, and how they are aligned to Toptal’s overall success.
- Meet the Revenue Team and your key stakeholders to begin uncovering individual and team priorities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the true value of Toptal by completing onboarding training, shadowing calls, and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Explore Toptal’s tools and resources to understand how they are currently used.
- Familiarize yourself with sales metrics and dashboards.
- Shadow ongoing projects to become familiar with your cross-functional team and project plans.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Lead new Initiatives that strengthen our Revenue Tech Stack, increasing the efficiencies and productivity of our Sales Teams.
- In partnership with the COE, build and manage updated sales intelligence dashboards that drive weekly business insights.
- Formalize a high-functioning, agile process to consolidate and prioritize all Revenue stakeholder requests for the Product Team.
- Begin to identify areas for improvement and additional opportunities.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Formalize building out your operations team, mentoring and leading your team members in achieving their business outcomes.
- Identify additional areas of opportunity to strengthen the Revenue Tech Stack, leading integrations, improvements, and up-leveling the systems behind our sales processes.
- In Partnership with the Sales Enablement Team, ensure we have the best sales productivity tools to drive our Revenue Team OKRs.
In the first year, expect to:
- Transform Toptal’s Salesforce instance, from a high-functioning platform to a world class CRM system.
- Become a trusted business panther to Revenue Leadership and other Senior Leadership across Toptal.
- 10+ years of sales/revenue operations experience, with the last 2+ years in a leadership capacity at a technology or hyper-growth company.
- Strong leadership and communication skills for effective verbal and written communications with sales teams, operations specialists, collaborating departments, and senior leadership.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to identify opportunities for sales process improvements and develop and implement new strategies to grow revenue.
- Strong financial skills and business acumen to understand sales profitability and opportunities.
- Technology skills to utilize CRM and database software tools in daily tasks.
- Research and reporting skills to analyze sales data and consumer trends to create sales forecasts.
- Knowledge of advanced SQL queries.
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator certification preferred.
- Collaborative. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work with a team and cross-functionally.
- Proactive. Understand our shared mission, and be willing to put in the work required to drive us to that goal.
- Organized. The nature of this role requires that you understand multiple priorities, and the timelines associated with each, and execute with operational efficiency being top of mind.
- Meticulous. Toptal is a very fast-paced environment, which requires outstanding attention to detail and an understanding of key priorities and initiatives.
- Coachable. This role requires the ability to synthesize feedback and put it into action.
- Executive Communicator. In our fully remote organization, strong communication is imperative. Excellent communication in all forms across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies – is paramount to success.
- Trusted Business Partner. You must be relationship-driven.
- Innovator: This role favors those experienced in successfully launching externally facing materials to sales teams.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and are comfortable with sarcasm.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Follow us on social media