Tremendous helps organizations pay people around the world.
There’s a long list of use cases that payroll providers aren’t equipped to handle–survey incentives, user research incentives, bug bounties, referral promotions, etc. Recipients are all over the world and want to get paid out instantly according to their own preferences.
The Tremendous platform and API lets organizations handle these one-off payments. We already work with 5,000+ organizations, including Google, Stripe, Atlassian, Pinterest.
Tremendous is 55 people, highly profitable, no VCs, and going through a scaling period. We’re fully remote, with outstanding benefits and above-market compensation.
About the role
As a master communicator and strategist, you will (safely) throw fuel on a fire on the basis of your time-tested experience, creative thinking, and high quality bar. You’ll be given a ton of autonomy, a small team to lead, and the charge to learn our business and then make it better. With few meetings and a lot of documentation, plus your growth-mindset, connection-building brain, you’ll get in your groove within weeks.
You’ll be in a rare and special position as a marketing leader. Tremendous has amazing product-fit, plenty of budget to play with, and an uncommonly accessible leadership team. Yet our sales funnel is still quite leaky, and most potential customers don’t even know to consider using us. Take advantage of our sizable and growing library of industry research, hundreds of customers who’ve volunteered to talk on our behalf, and particular point in maturity where we’ve still got our best years ahead yet enough of a team and a flow to get things going quickly at high quality.
What we think you’ll be doing with your team, until you tell us we need to shift our focus and strategy:
– Take a lead role in defining our go-to-market strategy and execute on it.
– Work with our strategy director to size, prioritize, and target various markets.
– Define ICPs (ideal customer profiles) and buyer personas.
– Define the customer journey for each segment and optimize them for revenue growth.
- Messaging and positioning
– Analyze the market and understand the competitive landscape and the positioning of each competitor.
– Partner with brand marketing to define our messaging and positioning in the market.
– Own the messaging on all of our properties (website, third-party sites, etc.)
– Create marketing collateral, to support and accelerate the sales process.
- Customer voice
– Communicate our brand value through our customers.
– Find inspiring customer stories and turn those into compelling content.
– Turn customers into advocates, from case studies to incentivized referrals
- Product support
– Partner with the product team to manage our product releases and internal/external comms.
– Conduct ongoing market research and provide input into the product roadmap.
– Establish world-class product documentation that doesn’t just save customer service effort, but also accelerates the sales funnel.
- At least 8-10ish years of work experience in total.
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing at a tech company is required. Ideally, most of this experience is in B2B product marketing.
- Management experience — from day one you’ll be a people manager.
- Phenomenal writing and storytelling skills. It’s both core to the role, and core to how Tremendous operates as a company.
- Evidence of academic excellence (top undergraduate or business school)
Why work with us
- Our customers love us. Check the reviews! We’re fast, adaptive to customer suggestions, and we’re easy to work with. You can feel confident about what you’re building.
- Our financials. We are a profitable fintech company with lightning fast growth. We also control all of our own equity. You won’t find many companies like us.
- Remote work and output based. Success isn’t judged on hours online or office presence. We hire all across North and South America and run core hours from 12-4 EST. You and your team decide how you work best.
- Our compensation is exceptional. Not only do we track and pay at the top of the range for our roles, your compensation includes valuable equity. For this role, base salary ranges from $180,000 to $230,000.