We’ve grown at an incredibly fast pace since our launch in 2017. We’re the trusted student recruitment partner to more than 600 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide, including the Boston University, University of Southern California, NYU, University of Cambridge, Kings College London, HEC Paris, and Erasmus.
We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our mission of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
As a Customer Success Manager, your primary role will be to act as a trusted advisor and account manager to a portfolio of US customers. You will navigate clients through the customer journey once they’ve been onboarded through renewal. You will be focused on understanding what is important to US universities overall and to your clients specifically. You will identify client goals, guide them to meaningful product adoption, and ensure they are on track to goal achievement.
We are a rapidly growing company and our CSMs are core to that growth. Through creating value-based relationships with our clients, we ensure our clients renew and expand their subscriptions with Unibuddy. You are the face of Unibuddy to our clients and your passion and energy are important to building momentum with Unibuddy products and services across partner institutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage our growing portfolio of customers in the US region spanning across universities, colleges, and other Higher Education partners
- Serve as a Unibuddy expert for the region and ensure strong product adoption across all partners and relevant stakeholders at all levels
- Conduct quarterly business reviews that focus on customers realizing value with Unibuddy and achieving their desired outcomes
- Achieve and exceed designated renewal targets. Identify upsell opportunities with partner institutions and generate cross-sell introductions for the sales team.
- Leverage our data and our tech stack to understand which clients need support and when
- Work collaboratively with the Product & Engineering teams to represent the voice of the customer. Identify the client trends and help influence the product roadmap.
This might be for you if
- You have experience as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager; who has managed a mid-market book of business – we’re thinking for at least two full calendar years.
- You have managed the renewal process for your customers and conducted multiple quarterly business reviews.
- You have previously worked with Ed-Tech, Tech-for-good, or SaaS products and are passionate about making a difference in the higher-ed industry.
- You are a proven self-starter and show strong initiative.
- You are self-motivated, hard-working, coachable, and driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- You feel at home in a high-growth environment where we don’t know all the answers but are willing to learn and improve what we do with plenty of opportunities to expand your skills.
We know that typically some people only apply to jobs if they see themselves checking every box. We believe we’re more than boxes to check. If you don’t meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role or others, please apply anyway. We’re always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our team
We are a collaborative bunch that loves leveraging our joint expertise to solve problems and accelerate growth. We love being curious and believe that asking questions of our clients and each other helps us all learn and get better.
Perks and benefits
- Salary of USD$85-95k plus commission and stock options.
- Highly flexible work culture. Hybrid with WeWork access in NYC or you can fully remote in the US.
- 25 days PTO plus national holidays and four additional days at the end of the year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Health insurance for you, contributions for your family, dental and vision optional
- Life insurance.
- 401(K) matched 6% US.
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We have 100 employees globally and a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it – we’re proud to be named by Built In as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, Mogul awarded us as a top 100 workplaces for benefits, and we won an award with Flexa as one of the most flexible EdTech & Education companies.
Are you ready to become a buddy? Apply now.
Please send a resume and showcase your motivations.
Not quite ready to apply or have some questions? Then you can get in touch with the People Experience team at [email protected]