We’ve grown at an incredibly fast pace since our launch in 2017. We’re the trusted student-recruitment partner to 600 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide, including the University of Cambridge, Kings College London, Boston University, University of Southern California, University of Birmingham, HEC Paris, and Erasmus.
We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our mission of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
As a Senior Sales Development Representative or Senior University Partnerships Executive as we call them, you will help drive Unibuddy’s future growth by building relationships with prospective universities across Europe and helping to turn them into happy and successful users of Unibuddy.
You will manage the very start of the sales process, acting as the first point of contact for many institutions. You will nurture and qualify inbound leads, source new qualified leads to deliver to the sales team and re-invigorate leads that have grown cold. Building relationships with senior stakeholders within universities will become second nature.
Success in this role means opportunities for quick progression, after 6-12 months you could be in an Account Executive position managing the sales process from start to finish.
What you’ll be doing
- Outbound prospecting to qualify leads through a high volume of calls, emails, social media, and other channels.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of your territories in Europe and cultivate relationships with decision-makers across multiple Universities.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to map your territories and execute pipeline strategy – meeting and exceeding targets.
- Collaborate with the marketing team, leveraging campaigns to aid in outbound reach out.
- Attend in-person and virtual events, and develop personal relationships with customers and prospects.
- Understand the needs and structure of universities and how our products help solve their recruitment, enrollment, and student engagement challenges.
- Develop and implement prospecting strategies.
- Stretch – in 6-12 months you’ll start to take customers through demonstrations of our products to close new business.
This might be for you if
- You have previous experience in a prospecting sales role – we’re thinking at least 6-12 months+.
- You want to help us experiment and build a better way using your experience working in SaaS or technology.
- You’re super confident communicating with a wide range of customers.
Bonus but we can upskill you further
- You know the steps in the MEDDIC sales qualification process.
- You are fluent in one or more of the following Languages: French, Spanish, Dutch, or German.
- You’ve worked in a higher-ed institution or EdTech business.
Behaviours and values
- You’re hungry to grow. Grow yourself, grow others and your team working towards a collective vision.
- A calculated risk-taker. You can think on your feet, act fast, and be confident in the logic behind your approach.
- Resilient. “I get knocked down and I get up again” is your anthem.
- Creative. There are a million ways to connect with prospects, and we want to encourage your creativity.
We know that typically some people only apply to jobs if they see themselves ticking every box. We believe we’re more than boxes to tick. If you don’t meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role or others, please apply anyway. We’re always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
Perks and benefits
- Salary of £30,000 – £33,000 plus commission (OTE £50,000 – £55,000) and stock options.
- Highly flexible work culture. Hybrid working with 1-2 days a week in our London office.
- 25 days of vacation plus national holidays and four additional days company-wide at the end of the year.
- Family-friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Private healthcare is provided by Bupa.
- Mental health support is provided by Spill.
- Life insurance.
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We have 100 employees globally and a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it – we’re proud to be named by Built In as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, Mogul awarded us as a top 100 workplaces for benefits, and we won an award with Flexa as one of the most flexible EdTech & Education companies.