Upbound is the company behind Crossplane, the open source project which started the control plane revolution in the cloud native community. Upbound helps companies rise above the clouds with our Crossplane powered Universal Cloud Platform. With Upbound you get universal real-time visibility into all of your infrastructure environments, the same API centric approach Kubernetes pioneered for managing infrastructure and policies, and self service infrastructure capabilities.
To support our growth and enable us to scale efficiently, we are seeking an exceptional Sales Ops Professional to support our sales strategy, reporting and analysis efforts across our global business. The role will be responsible for the analytical aspects supporting key business decisions, including go-to-market strategies, resource allocation and process improvements.
Responsibilities will include forecast preparation, pipeline analysis, sales performance analyses, report preparation and deep analysis of our efficiency in the market. This person enjoys analyzing data, loves disrupting the inefficient, and is not afraid to “get their hands dirty”. Reporting to the VP Global Sales & Customer Success, this person will be results-oriented, flexible, and eager to acquire new skills and knowledge. You must be able to work cross-functionally to drive efficiency and performance improvement across multiple operational and financial metrics globally, upwards to Leadership and our Board. You will generate reports and analysis, providing insights that support decision-making and help define, land, and execute on our key strategic priorities.
You will coordinate the globally consistent implementation of the Sales Organization’s Operating Model, annual planning & territory carving methodology, quota assignment and reporting. You will serve as a strategic partner to the VP Global Sales & Customer Success, Head of Finance and the entire Sales team. You will work as a key collaborator in the design and implementation of priority growth areas.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and maintain weekly, monthly & quarterly global sales forecasts.
- Perform in-depth analyses on leading and lagging indicators to support strategic initiatives to drive growth.
- Engage in ad-hoc analyses and reporting to understand business performance metrics, Key Performance Indicators and provide concise summaries and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for coordinating and consolidating Fiscal Year Planning activities of the Geographies including headcount allocation, territory carve, quota setting and roll-out.
- Provide analytical insights into aspects of key business decisions, including go-to-market strategies, resource allocation and process improvements.
- Detailed analysis of the pipeline and insights to grow pipeline generation efforts and conversion rates.
- Support leadership through monthly reporting and provide insights to improve efficiency, and exposing focus areas in order to meet (and beat) our goals.
- Use data to build narrative content for QBRs and Board reviews that not only tell the story but identify the root cause and drive action.
- Provide input and analysis for regular reporting to company executives and the Board, and ad hoc reporting as requested by senior leadership. Act as the primary liaison between Sales and Finance for ensuring data integrity in the reporting of Sales results.
You are a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years work experience in Sales Operations, Strategy or FP&A in high growth SaaS or Cloud organizations with strong exposure to go-to-market strategy.
- BA/BS degree in Technology, Business, Finance or equivalent experience required.
- Extensive experience in preparation and maintenance of revenue forecasts.
- Proven experience with Google Sheets and MS Excel.
- A deep familiarity with Salesforce.
- A High level of proficiency with MS PowerPoint and G-Slides to build C-Suite level presentations.
- Analytical and data-driven experience at identifying insights to support business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Excellent communication, engagement, and cross-functional partnership skills. Comfortable working with all levels of an organization, and do so while being highly organized.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Willingness to contribute in all areas of the business, including outside the typical scope of Sales Strategy & Operations, to support the leaders in scaling the business.
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Be Accountable, Demonstrate Craftsmanship, Champion the Customer, Collaborate Decisively, Care For Our Communities, Act as an Owner and Engage Vulnerability; you’ll find yourself in a place where learning, growth, impact, and fun finally intersect. Similar to the open source community we serve, we look to each other to constantly iterate and improve on what we’re building and you will be a key contributor in this effort.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.