Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
Uplight is looking for an ambitious, highly talented, and experienced Product Marketing Manager to provide go-to market support for one or more product lines. This person is responsible for developing the strategy and plans for communicating their products’ value to the market. This role reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing will work closely with the Chief Market Innovation Officer, Industry Marketing, product management, and our customer-facing sales and customer success teams. Key responsibilities include planning, designing, and positioning Uplight’s commercial offerings across its expanding customer base, market channels and geographic footprint. Experience with utilities or energy efficiency is strongly preferred.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Lead development and execution of the go-to-market strategy for our solutions and products through market research, competitive analysis, collateral development, and collaboration with the relevant teams.
- Understand and support our Sales, Product, Marketing, and Account Management teams; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users, as well as the market at large; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Extract key insights from in-depth analyses of our market and solutions, synthesizing and packaging for internal teams while also incorporating into market-facing collateral.
- Develop narratives with supporting proof points demonstrating the value that our products bring to our clients, including not only the “what,” but the “why,” “how,” and “so what,” in the form of case studies, presentations, marketing collateral, and more.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the organization including but not limited to Product, Sales, Account Management, Finance, Reporting, Insights, and Data Science.
- Sales Enablement and Subject Matter Expertise:
- Serve as an expert market- and client-facing resource, bringing your expertise to industry conferences as well as client meetings.
- Ensure PMM resources consistently align sales and marketing teams on core use cases, personas, customer profiles, and competitive differentiation.
- Market and Product Analysis:
- Proactively identify, lead, and/or delegate resources to execute specific go‐to‐market strategy projects, which can include positioning, packaging, market intelligence, and other projects.
- Research, define and develop go-to-market strategies for your solutions and products.
- Clearly articulate a product’s value in a way that resonates with the market.
- Contribute to pricing, solution KPIs and company strategic projects.
- Synthesize market information into insights that inform positioning, roadmap, and go-to market strategy.
- Ensure competitive research and analysis is being updated and leveraged effectively.
- Translate win/loss analysis into recommendations for the product roadmap and go-to market plans.
- Develop product messaging and positioning.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to inform roadmap priority and market strategy based on research.
- Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in the energy and/or climate space with a deep understanding of the market, business incentives, and regulatory environment.
- Passion for storytelling and impact.
- Experience developing go-to-market plans (e.g., value proposition, sales and marketing enablement, pricing, channel).
- Experience with product marketing, sales, business development, or similar.
- Experience with research, strategy, and analysis.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask, provide persistent follow-up, and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Team player (ability to work toward a common goal across all departments and levels).
- Self-starter and self-accountable.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $131,300 – $151,500 USD
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.