With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform and team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
We are looking for a senior sales professional with significant experience in SaaS technology and preferably with domain knowledge in either investment or philanthropic technology platforms. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer and joining the Outreach team, this role works with our Marketing and Client Success teams to identify and build long-term, successful client relationships that help them accelerate the impact of their mission.
Note: There are two openings for this full-time, remote position, with a strong preference for the candidate to be located on the West Coast
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Eager to apply your experience to new challenges
- Humble and collaborative, with a willingness to mentor less experienced teammates
- Passionate about using data and technology to revolutionize impact investing
- Equally able to navigate big-picture and detail-oriented thinking
- A builder of strategic, sustainable relationships with prospects and clients
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities by communicating a deep understanding of market challenges and how UpMetrics solves them
- Rely on a deep understanding of UpMetrics’ products and services to confidently represent our solution to the market
- Create proposals and presentations to secure new business and expand existing relationships
- Generate new leads through outbound prospecting activities and ongoing relationship building with strategic leaders across the social sector
- Provide strategic input into our sales and marketing strategy, and contribute to the production of case studies and other collateral
- Support channel partner development and execution
- Drive opportunities through the UpMetrics sales process by qualifying, identifying needs, delivering proof, building business case justifications and proposals, to secure new business and expand existing relationships
- Collaborate with other team members/departments to leverage the broad expertise of UpMetrics in your sales efforts
- Cultivate relationships with internal champions to build strong relationships within your pipeline
- Maintain executive level relationships with client decision-makers
- Contribute to webinars, presentations, case studies and other materials that speak to the value of data in the philanthropic and/or social sector
- 5+ years experience working in SaaS technology sales
- Familiarity with either the impact investing or philanthropic markets
- Familiarity with MEDDICC sales qualification
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; you “speak the language” of data, impact, measurement and evaluation
- Excellent public speaker, with significant experience in client-facing roles
- Experience, comfort and expertise engaging with client’s executive leadership
- Strong track record as a respected team leader
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic objectives and manage successful follow-through
- Interest and comfort working in a small, fast-paced company
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First — Collaboration is key. We support each other, respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client Focused — Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity — We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve — We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let’s Go! — To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $120-150K annual salary, plus variable compensation
- Equity incentive plan
- 70% employer paid health insurance for employees and family
- Dental and vision insurance
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Unlimited time off policy, plus paid holidays and monthly Wellness Fridays
- Parental leave policy
- FSA plan, lifestyle spending account (LSA) for eligible professional development and wellness expenses, and Employee Assistance Program via The Hartford
- 401K plan
- Remote work equipment
- Annual company retreat and quarterly virtual company events
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
$120,000 – $150,000 a year
UpMetrics is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UpMetrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People Operations team at [email protected]
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women/other underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. UpMetrics is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.