We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte’s 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
About The Job
Upside is a rapidly growing two-sided marketplace seeking a Product Marketing rockstar who thrives in a highly visible role with potential for huge impact. You will translate company objectives into a comprehensive product marketing strategy and tactical execution plan that will grow our merchant base and push us into new verticals. You will build and deliver an overall go-to-market approach, including bringing new products and features to market. Most importantly, you enjoy partnering with Product, Demand Generation, Sales, Accounts and Sales Enablement teams to drive top line growth. You bring creative energy to the team, but can operate calmly in chaotic environments, exhibit impeccable attention to detail, work efficiently – and do all of this with humility and a sense of humor. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a quarterly/ annual product marketing strategyaligned with business objectives, market directions, product roadmap, and releases of our offerings
- Leverage a deep understanding of Upside’s product offering and roadmap, customer/user research and market insights to develop positioning and competitively differentiated messagingfor our portfolio of products.
- Enhance our GTM approachby understanding and documenting our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Strategize and refine our target buyer personas and journeys based on deep knowledge of product capability and buyer requirements.
- Build and maintain the core backbone of all product collateral and content such as demos, white-papers, workshops, presentations and technical blogs, that help Sales and Account teams educate the market. Liaise with Sales Enablementto ensure the Sales and Accounts teams are equipped to use the content appropriately to articulate our product positioning and value proposition.
- Become a product evangelistand cross-functional leader internally who unites marketing, sales, customer success, and product teams to drive business results.
- Collaborate with the Demand Generationteam in creating merchant-facing messaging, ideating on thematic campaigns, supporting with relevant product content (e.g. calculators, demos etc) that convey a cohesive narrative and measurably grow the pipeline and increase sales velocity.
- Assist in creation of compelling marketing collateral that simplifies product value messages to drive awareness and interest (video, webinars, thought leadership, email nurture, etc).
- Launch new productsand features by leading the launch strategy, planning, deliverables, timelines and managing cross functional teams to ensure maximum adoption and revenue impact by product line.
- Provide input and strategy into product roadmap and pricing based on market and customer research finding, industry analyst interactions, market landscape and competitive findings.
- Lead, mentor and grow an impactful product marketing team
What You Need
- 15+ years of software product marketing targeting enterprise b2b audiences and including retailers
- 7+ years of marketing leadership inclusive of growing marketing teams
- Marketing innovation and experience with leading product marketing strategy for a data-driven product and achieving meaningful results
- Willingness to learn, adapt, fail, and grow (professional growth mindset)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Highly creative with storytelling instincts
- Be able to operate in a player-coach role when needed to help problem solve and develop talent
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- Self-motivated and energetic. Able to inspire and instill the same energy in the team around them
- Master’s degree highly preferred
The Fine Print
- Location: This role is remote – with occasional travel to our DC office required.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us.
To apply for this job please visit www.upside.com.