Vanguard’s Brand Marketing team is expanding its capabilities to better define and tell Vanguard’s story in ways that set us apart and inspire action. These new roles will help develop brand marketing and advertising campaigns that connect Vanguard’s mission to investor needs. We’re currently looking for a Sr. Brand Strategy Manager to drive strategy for enterprise-wide brand marketing and advertising campaigns. This person will have strong thinking skills from both sides of the brain – analytics and intuition, and a knack for inspirational simplification. We’re looking for someone who can work closely with external agencies and internal creative teams to inspire, recognize and nurture bold, leading-edge creative ideas, and who can promote in-house expertise on topics such as co-branding, brand architecture, brand purpose, etc.
In this role, you will:
- Drive strategy for enterprise-wide brand marketing campaigns, based on strong thinking skills from both sides of the brain – analytics and intuition, and a knack for inspirational simplification.
- Lead a small team of brand strategists, providing guidance, mentoring, and training.
- Work closely with external agencies and internal creative teams to inspire, recognize and nurture bold, leading-edge creative ideas.
- Promote expertise across internal B2B and B2C marketing teams. Write and give presentations that deliver key strategic insights and implications on topics such as co-branding, brand architecture, brand purpose, etc.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and internal expert to ensure brand alignment across the enterprise. Collaborate across various marketing teams for the right solutions.
- Work closely with internal market research teams to develop and maintain brand health tracking and reporting.
- Build and maintain effective relationships. Proactively foster communication between the brand team and other marketing and business stakeholders. Influence key decisions across stakeholder groups, including leaders, team members and senior managers.
What it Takes:
- Deep expertise developing brand strategy for top-tier B2C and B2B brands across multiple industries, including Financial Services. Minimum 8-10 years agency experience, client-side experience a plus.
- Proven experience developing differentiated and relevant brand positioning platforms based on audience insights, and innate curiosity and insight into human behavior.
- Track record of working closely with creative teams to inspire, recognize and nurture bold, leading-edge creative ideas. Strong thinking skills from both sides of the brain – analytics and intuition, and a knack for inspirational simplification.
- Ability to handle complex situations and interact with all levels of personnel within the Vanguard organization.
- Genuine desire to collaborate and work as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Leads the marketing strategy for the respective area of the business. Partner with various stakeholders in sales, client services, product management, and investment management to align marketing team’s objectives to cross-functional priorities and execute marketing plans. Approves marketing budgets.
- Mentors and coaches crew to ensure they develop and maintain a broad knowledge and awareness of marketing industry forces, competition, and trends to act as a trusted advisor in developing marketing strategies.
- Leads specialists and managers provides insight on best practices and assists team with obstacles. Ensures the team meets tactical and strategic objectives and overall business strategy. Drives effective cost analyses and cost-effective solutions as part of the marketing decision process.
- Communicates with stakeholders, leaders, team members, management, and department partners to ensure that requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors marketing activity progress and results and submits regular status reports to management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Drives the development of a continuous feedback loop to gather input from sales, client services, and other partners regarding business needs. Proactively identify opportunities to improve positioning of topics critical to the business area.
- Leads the development of marketing tracking methodology to set parameters of success based on relevant data, analytics, and desired results that are measurable. Leverages these measures to regularly share updates on the status of marketing efforts.
- Ensures all steps are taken to mitigate risk and maintains control, compliance, audit, and legal requirements in marketing plans. Maintains an appropriate level of technical marketing and business knowledge to support program implementation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.