Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you – on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office – it’s up to you.
We are looking for a communications professional who is an exceptional writer with media relations expertise. You’ll be responsible for driving and executing a strategic communications plan for Veeva R&D products across clinical research and operations.
Working closely with the Communications Director for R&D, the broader communications team, CMO, and product and field marketing, you will write press releases, byline articles, and media pitches while executing to drive awareness and coverage for Veeva and its customers. You will play a critical role in continuing PR momentum by leading with the customer’s voice, digging deep for unique stories, and developing thoughtful, engaging, and relevant content.
This position is part of the Veeva communications team, reporting to the senior vice president of corporate communications.
What You’ll Do
- Help drive Veeva R&D communications strategies and plans including product launches, campaigns, and spokesperson development.
- Build relationships with media to anticipate their needs and proactively pitch stories, becoming a go-to resource.
- Write press releases and articles in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Drive awareness and thought leadership for Veeva’s clinical development products and customers with written content, tapping your exceptional writing skills.
- Collaborate closely with product, customer, and field marketing to help repurpose and integrate content across multiple channels.
- Stay on top of key industry trends and topics where Veeva can have a voice. Analyze and report on campaign results and learnings.
- Embody comms best practices and bring a results-driven mindset to how we work and operate as a global communications team.
- 5+ years of PR experience in B2B enterprise software or clinical development
- Bachelor’s degree
- A storyteller that knows how to mine for great stories, can connect the dots to simplify concepts, and communicates clearly and concisely
- Track record of developing and maintaining thought leadership in the technology or life sciences sector
- Strong experience driving execution while collaborating across teams
- Driven to see things until the end, with excellent project and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong spirit of collaboration and accountability
- Highly self-motivated and results-driven with a can-do attitude
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit careers.veeva.com.