A mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, we help life sciences companies bring innovative therapies to patients, faster.
We have a unique profile as one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies that’s also highly profitable. We crossed $1B six quarters ahead of plan and are tracking ahead of our target to reach $3B in 2025 at 35+% operating margin and a long runway of growth ahead.
We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. As a PBC you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
In 2021, we became the very first public company to convert to a public benefit corporation, which codifies into our legal charter a responsibility to our customers, employees, society, and investors, not just investors (as is the case with all traditional corporations).
Veeva is a work-anywhere company so you can work at home or in an office on any given day.
We are in search of an exceptional leader to drive marketing for Veeva’s growing European business.
The VP of Marketing is, in effect, the CMO for Europe, directing the full marketing mix in Europe, and a key member of Veeva’s European leadership team. The role helps drive European regional growth (~25-30% of Veeva’s total revenues), building upon the company’s strength in existing markets, as well as helping establish Veeva as a leader in new markets.
We are looking for a proven marketing leader who is customer-oriented, a strong team builder and coach, who excels at long-range integrated marketing planning and execution across the full mix, as well as communications.
You will lead an exceptional and cohesive European marketing team so must have experience hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent and managing high-performing teams.
You are also a key member of the marketing leadership team, whose aim is to build a world-class marketing function and ensure strong cross-team collaboration, both within the region and globally.
What You’ll Do
- Translate Veeva Europe’s goals into truly integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key geographies, product lines, and customer segments that support achievement of quarterly and annual goals
- Build, inspire, and lead a large marketing team that operates as a strategic partner to its stakeholders and delivers against its goals. Leads team in operating with a growth and team-first mindset, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Devise and guide local marketing models to ensure Veeva is well established in new markets within Europe and local programs are highly efficient and effective
- Oversee the development and execution of thought leadership and communications programs throughout Europe, with a particular focus on industry trades
- Ensure the function scales through successful cross-collaboration and gains leverage, where possible, from what’s produced in other geographies, particularly the U.S. and likewise proactively shares programs and lessons-learned from Europe
- Develop and manage the Europe marketing budget, measuring and optimizing marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and demonstrate ROI
- Minimum of five years leading a major marketing function in Europe for hyper growth B2B software, particularly in a high ASP, low churn model.
- Experience across marketing disciplines and enterprise selling in Europe, including ABM, communications, demand generation, first-party events, and product marketing
- Proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and retaining world-class marketing talent
- Demonstrated communications expertise with exceptional verbal communication skills and a clear and persuasive writing style
- Excellent operational and project management, including the ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities under aggressive timelines and expectations
- Ability to organize, remain productive, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have an immediate impact in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be a creative, flexible, hands-on marketer that’s comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, and resource constraints
- Collaborate team player with great interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong budget management and marketing measurement skills, preferably with a track record of managing multi million dollar budgets
- Experience working in the European market
- Bachelor’s degree requiredVeeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit careers.veeva.com.
Follow us on social media